combine bodyweigth training with standard weigthlift

Started by Alessandro Mainente, October 18, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,506 Views

Alessandro Mainente

hi, from you experience and what you know....do you think that combine these two training you can help yourself to develop a skill?!

for example weigthed pull up helped me a lot to increase my strength in front lever, the same thing i can say for the slow forward (lento avanti) helps me for the full rom hspu..

do you thing there is a exercise wich can help to develop planche?! like deadlift?! i suppose it because if i think about the passage between tuck to straddle planche is always a motion of hip extension or not?

Phil O'malley

what is a slow forward. Thanks Phil

Felipe

it's the italian for shoulder press

Alessandro Mainente

hahaha yes sorry....i don't know the transation of it

Blairbob

For planche? Bench or weighted dips. Bench with a close grip, elbows in and not pushing in a vertical line. Yeah, it's weird.

Alessandro Mainente

yes blair is what i mean...so benchpress pushing to the hips?

Blairbob

Well, I guess. I was only able to replicate it with the same angle I could do with planche lean.

Felipe

there is an article from beastskill guy on The Performance Menu 29 - Jun. 2007

Long story short for planche he recommends weighted dips, weighted pushups, decline and flat bench pressing (barbells and dumbbells)

Blairbob

decline bench could be set for a similar angle I guess, sorta