Muscle Beach flying rings...

Started by Ido Portal, September 7, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,641 Views

Ido Portal

Here is a nice video of the muscle beach gang from the 1970's performing some flying rings feats. (quadripple back flip, can you spell 'air awareness'?)

The atmosphere around this beach, then and today (even though more then) is electrifying for someone interested in strength/acrobatics/handstand and balance/bodyweight conditioning/sports/sun/tanned bodies. I got a chance to train there a couple of times, and it is a great experience.

Ido.

kbryk

I saw other videos of the newer ring set, there are a a couple sets of rings and your transfer from ring to ring, great stuff; I wish Chicago beaches had something like this, they have everything else, other than pbars and rings.

Great post, I love watching stuff like this.

IvanPS

The so called traveling rings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cj4KgbA2_I

I saw some pictures of the acrobatic stuff they did there, like human pyramids and human flags on another person etc...