Genetics/for slizz or anyone else

Started by Ian Legrow, October 18, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,664 Views

Ian Legrow

Excuse me for the brief language in this. I found it in a blog i am reading.

Let's get real though. The whole notion of genetics being biological fate is really just weak-minded bullshit. The reality is that genetics are a blueprint for how to build your body and an instructional manual how it should work.

What do y'all think about this? I myself really don't know what to believe. I know i am 135lbs and have not moved from that weight until i started gaining muscle, becasue my mom is 5'6" and 110lbs, and my dad is 5'8 and 130lbs. So my sister and i didn't get a bad rap, but still, does the saem thing apply to getting strength and smuscle?

Cole Dano

I'm not entirely sure i'm getting the point. Is genetics a factor, sure, even if one says determination will overcome, well determination is also genetic.

On a practical level, i don't think it matters a hoot unless you are planning to win a gold medal. That's not me so i'm interested in seeing what i can do, with all the limitations i have, time, energy, money etc.