Hey guys,
First off if I'm posting this in the wrong section or if this has already been asked I do apologize - this is my first post (and first time visiting the forum), so bare with me ![]()
My question is this: what other challenging hamstring bodyweight exercises (if any) are there to do after you get used to the GHR? I'm capable of doing around 8 reps with a single leg GHR with each leg, and after consistently following the progressions from Coach Somner's DVD program for over a year, I'm worried about getting too used to the motion. I should also note that I've played around with using a weighted vest as well.
What do advanced gymnasts use after they master the GHR? Is there another hamstring variation I can do? I'd like to find something to alternate with my current leg workouts, the SLS and the Shrimp.
And I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times, but aside from SLS jumps, how do advanced/professional gymnasts work out their legs? Do they use weights? If you don't want to go into detail and a specific thread comes to mind, I'd be happy enough with a link referral. It seems like the keywords "leg workout" are way too general for the search tool, and I haven't gotten used to it yet.
I'm looking forward to hearing your insights!