This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111018

Started by Coach Sommer, October 18, 2011 · 11 Replies · 2,039 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Falcon

I'm just curious, is there a harder substitute for the XR HS? I find it difficult to have no shoulder angle in those, and even when I'm holding it with decent form, I don't feel that much pressure on my biceps. (I'm used to high volume PL Leans). Maybe HS ladders today...

John Sapinoso

limited access to high speed internet for the next 2 or 3 weeks...might be able to upload later in 240p.

pity cause i had a few really good presses with the mobility work inserted in there.

warm up

biked to location, general shoulder mobility

LuJcHe_EebA lat hell

wrist series x 1

10 negative planche on paralettes

5 pike press alternating w/ jefferson curls between sets

more lat hell

10 stalder press alt w/ jeff b/w sets

more lat hell

6 x 30 XRHS (left shoulder still a bit tweaky from thursday)

John Sapinoso
Falcon said:
I'm just curious, is there a harder substitute for the XR HS? I find it difficult to have no shoulder angle in those, and even when I'm holding it with decent form, I don't feel that much pressure on my biceps. (I'm used to high volume PL Leans). Maybe HS ladders today...

Are you doing them freestanding? :shock:

Falcon
ts00nami said:
Falcon said:
I'm just curious, is there a harder substitute for the XR HS? I find it difficult to have no shoulder angle in those, and even when I'm holding it with decent form, I don't feel that much pressure on my biceps. (I'm used to high volume PL Leans). Maybe HS ladders today...

Are you doing them freestanding? :shock:

No, straps, of course! :D

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike HeS RLL

1x10 Pike HeS RLL

3 rounds of:

5 Box HeSPU

12 Wall Walks

4 Negative Freestanding HeSPU to Negative chest roll

12 Wall Walks

3 Wall HeSPU

12 Wall Walks

Damn I gotta start doing something with those presses!!! :evil:

John Sapinoso

Well I just assumed so, because strapless is a harder variation on strap HS that you can work toward.

Oldrich Polreich

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Wall HS RLL

1x10 Weighted HeS RLL

10 minutes of wall HS (inspired by chinese gymnasts, performed in lowest possible reps, ended up doing 2x5minutes)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Josh Schmitter

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

Wrist Routine(minus wrist push ups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW(60s rest for sets)

1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

1x10 HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest(Lower Leg Prehab A)

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist about 5" away from wall

1x8 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups(knees)

5min Rest

1x4 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups(knees)

NOTES:

-CWW still very hard, but doable at 60s rests.

-HeS Pike Press felt better than usual today

-HS cycles felt REALLY good today. Should up the reps +1 for the first cycle next time round.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused on Shoulders & Shoulder Blades

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS (30")

2x5 Straddle Box Press HS (24")

12 cycles of XR Strap HS (30s on, 45s off)

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups & Stretches

Notes: I felt better control in cast wall walks, had a harder time in Press HS mainly because my hypertrophy cycle for my legs but its understandable. Was testing anyways. 12 cycles of HS went well open hand HS on rings helps engage traps more and allows more ROM; as Coach Sommer said.

Sven Ravnstag

Not quite sure what a Straddle Box Press Handstand is. Looked in BtGB but can't seem to figure it out. Can someone post a video or explain to me what this entails?

Thank you!

Philip Chubb
Steve Sisk said:
Not quite sure what a Straddle Box Press Handstand is. Looked in BtGB but can't seem to figure it out. Can someone post a video or explain to me what this entails?

Thank you!

Blairbob made a video. In the handstand section.

Sven Ravnstag

Thanks Philip!