2011 Rings Champion-Chen Yibing

Started by Joshua Chan, October 17, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,239 Views

Joshua Chan

Hss7VExybu8

In my opinion, this finals weren't very good. Of course Chen Yibing was the best of them all, no doubt. Zanetti was also very impressive, he has improved very much since his last appearance at world championships in 2009.I'll be going to Pan Am games next week, he'll be competing for the gold against Brandon Wynn and Regulo Carmona.

Back on topic, there was just too much messing and I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't. Morandi messed up, so did uchimura. And Van gelder fell in the landing, such a shame.

What did you guys think about them??

Guest

Yuri's routine started out very solidly and he would have placed second if not for his fall upon the dismount (one point deduction). I read a brief interview after the event and apparently he was not supposed to be completely still in the Ring HS at the end (for this dismount he apparently needs a little momentum from the rings to 'get going'). If you look at a video of his routine you can see that he's up in HS for a long time, running scenarios through his head, before he decides to take the plunge (quite literally).

Too bad he failed :( but congratulations to the medal winners of course!

Finn Frank

Biomieg, would you be able to post up the video of Van gelder's routine with the fall? I can't seem to find it :)