This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111017

Started by Coach Sommer, October 17, 2011 · 10 Replies · 1,824 Views

Coach Sommer

trvd6vsIE2o

Perform 3 rounds of the following:

5 GHR

10 Overhead Lunges

20m Backward Sled Sprint

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) This workout should be performed as a modified giant set. To this end perform the GHR then rest 60 sec, perform the Overhead Lunges (alternate legs on each rep for a total of 5 reps on each leg) then rest 60 sec, finally perform the Backwards Sled Sprint and then rest 5 minutes before beginning the next modified giant set.

2) Add as much weight as possible to all of today’s exercises. Be meticulous in using a full ROM with a moderate tempo.

3) The Overhead Lunges are performed by holding a weight (bar, plate, KB, DB, sandbag etc) with fully extended arms over head and then stepping forward onto the right leg. Go deep enough on the step forward so that the rear left knee gently brushes the ground. Under no circumstances should the rear knee either hit or bounce off of the ground. Return to a stand and repeat on the other side. This would equal two reps.

4) The Overhead Lunges may either be performed traveling forward by bringing the rear leg up or by remaining stationary by bringing the front leg back on each repetition.

5) If you do not have access to a tire or sled for sprints, then possible sled/tire substitutions include: perform the sprints with a weight vest, drag a kettlebell on the ground behind you while sprinting, have a partner pulling backward on you during the sprint with a long strap. The best substitute, and possible even better than the sled sprints, is to run up a very steep hill with a weighted vest.

John Sapinoso

Haven't figured out an anchor yet for GHR so I made due with this:

sorry no vid...next leg day FOR SURE :oops:

Knee series

Ido's squat clinic

3 x 5 SLS

2 x 5 VMO SLS (via http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Articles ... ution.aspx but sls version)

3 x 30 seconds circular straddle pulses

Gustav

After this workout I did a lot of extra bisceps, triceps and chest training! It was killer :)

Josh Schmitter
ts00nami said:
Haven't figured out an anchor yet for GHR so I made due with this:

I just use a longish board(probably would only have to be wide enough to fit on kneeling) with an adjustable strap around it to anchor the feet. Knee pads or wadded up towels take care of the rest. With biking to the WOD space, if you didn't have to bring the parallettes, I imagine you could find a board small enough to carry, but maybe just finding something already there to wrap a strap around for anchoring would be the best way.

John Sapinoso

I'm sure there's something around campus suitable, but I've set myself on house arrest study lockdown for the day..

Falcon

3 rounds of the following supersets:

8 Half GHR

10 Overhead Lunges 20kg

20 SL Calf Raises 20kg

10 SLS assisted

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation, Straight-arm pushup work.

Damn, my GHRs are so weak!!! :( But SLS getting better every workout! Yeah!

Philip Chubb

3 Round

5 One Leg GHR

10 Shrimps

5 Big Toe Calf Raises

12 Toe Curls

20m Backward Uphill sprint

2x30s Straddle L (One hand center)

15 Seconds Standing on top of toes

Josh Schmitter
ts00nami said:
I'm sure there's something around campus suitable, but I've set myself on house arrest study lockdown for the day..

Nice, anything good?

Ido's Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:3 rounds/Rests as rx'd

5 Half GHR

10 OH Lunges(50lb plate/stepping all backwards today)

20m Backward Tire Sprint(Empty Sled=60ish lbs/up slight incline)

4x15s Straddle L Bent-Low(60s between sets)

NOTES:

-Very difficult today. Ironically, been sleeping well past few days, but this WOD felt much harder than it has in a while.

Stretching:

Single leg Standing Hammy, Calf/runners, Standing Pike(1x60s), Hip flexor's, quads,glutes, front split, straddle split(1x60)

-all 1x30s at least

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Gustav said:
After this workout I did a lot of extra bisceps, triceps and chest training! It was killer :)

LOL!! haha! Awesome :mrgreen:

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused on Knees/Legs/Trunk

3 Rounds:

5 GHRs (Hand Spotted)

Rest 60s

10 Total Single Leg Squats @ 16" Box (Focused on Control)

Rest 60s

Finished with 4 x 15s Bent Leg Straddle Static Hold & Stretched.

swap01

3 sets of

5 GHR (assisted near bottom with arms) - I need to find a better anchor so that I can use my legs more and less of my arms...

Rest 60 - headstand neck exercises during the rest

10 Overhead Lunges - 5 each leg, 40 pound punching bag

Rest 3 minutes

I had to jog over to the field, so there was about a 5 or so minute break because I had to put my shoes on then jog there - about 600 ish meters.

Once I got there I walked up it a bit (it's about a 100 meter hill)

3 sets of

~50m sprint (unweighted)

walked back down (roughly 60 seconds)

No straddle work... I felt too tired, I'm not used to leg work or any sort of cardio.

Then full body stretch.

Are there any programs for stretching? Or should I refer to Pavel Tsatsoulin's "Relax into Stretch" book?