Circles

Started by Bonn, October 16, 2011 · 3 Replies · 1,762 Views

Bonn

So recently I've been wanting to train for circles and many sources have told me that I need a gymnastic mushroom to train for this skill, however, the mushroom is too expensive for me. Is there anyway to train for circles without a gymnastic mushroom?

Vagabond

You can build one, I guess. Using a big swiss ball as a patron, you could mould material over it (per example, fiberglass, or something like that, but make sure it's thick and strong enough), cover it with thin foam, and cover it up with fake leather. Or you could find something that look like a mushroom, per example I've seen some concrete blocks that had a similar shape, but it's a pretty rough surface. You could also use the trick of the bucket directly on the ground, but I don't think that would be sufficient.

Blairbob

There are plenty of how to make gymnastics mushroom guides found via google. If you can't find one, I'll post some.

Until then, hang a bucket.

Cole Dano

Our own Breaks made an excellent tutorial on how to make a mushroom.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6286&p=56035&hilit=mushroom#p56035

I have been wanting to make an EGE style one, but that's for another day.