Dumbbell swings for Planche

Started by Alex Solis, October 15, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,000 Views

Alex Solis

In the book, Coach says that dumbbell swings are great to combine with planche static hold training. He recommends doing 10 dumbbell swings on each arm, for 3-4 sets, for 2-3 days a week. But my question is, how much weight should I add? What would you recommend as a weight for starters on dumbbell swings but somewhat experienced on planche(I can hold a tuck planche for 3 seconds :lol: ) And finally, what total weight should I aim for? I mean, how much weight is the optimum for dumbbell swings?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question :roll:

Thanks a lot in advance for all the replies! :lol:

Aaron Griffin

Where is this in the book? I don't remember that part

Blairbob

This is for lower back strength. KB swing is similar but does more than a DB because of it's design.

When doing the DB swing just make sure you are generating with the hips popping rather than just muscling it up with the upper body.

Alex Solis
phrak said:
Where is this in the book? I don't remember that part

It's in the FSP chapter, in the Planche variations section, in the description of the last Planche variation. :lol: