Hello everyone!
I usually do Bridging twice a week. They served as my pushing move (because of the difficulty placed on the triceps and deltoids). However, I started developing some slight shoulder pain whenever I locked out at the top of a Bridge.
Here's the funny thing. Handstands are not painful at all. Wall Extensions (at least my limited ROM) are painless. Even Stick dislocates don't hurt. When I do bridging, however, it's all good until I hit the max top part, and BAM it hurts. I'm guessing that the deltoid is very hyperextended here (as compared to Handstands) so it actually hurts. My questions:
1) What should I drop from my training? Only the Bridging (meaning, only what causes pain), or everything dealing with the deltoid (even if it doesn't hurt)?
2) How do gymnasts usually incorporate Bridging into their regimen? During the mobility part at the end?
3) Is Bridging even worth doing, or are handstands and shoulder mobility enough to get a shoulder to its full ROM?
As of now, I'm taking the Bridging down, and putting Pseudo-Planche Push-ups (far more of a Push move anyways), but I wanted to know if I should also drop the Handstands and WE's. Anyone had any problems like this before??
Thanks!