Hi,
I’m new to this forum and have been following the WODs for about 10 months now. I’ve been making steady progress so far, but recently I ran into some kind of injury that seems to take some time to heal and for which I could use some advice.
A few weeks ago, I did rope climbs during a pulling WOD where cirques were requested. I could climb up without using my feet, but while climbing down I, accidentally, did two negative OACs. I call them accidentally because I’m not even remotely strong enough to do a negative OAC. It was simply the first time I did a rope climb (I just bought the rope), and thought that climbing down would require the same technique as climbing up. Unfortunately this was not the case. While trying to climb down, I gripped the rope a bit too slow causing me to do a negative OAC for about 1 second first on the right arm and then on the left arm. After coming down from the rope my arms hurt a lot all throughout every muscle in the biceps/triceps regions.
Now, three weeks later, when I try to do a heavy training (like a ring series for instance), my arms always start to hurt all over the place. It’s not that I tore a muscle or something. It feels as if all the nerves in my arms are in some kind of “Alarm modeâ€, and that the alarm gets triggered when I start doing bodyweight pulling&pushing exercises.
As long as I limit the weight by leaving my feet on a box or something, I don’t feel anything at all. I can also do L-Sit en XR support holds without any problem. It’s only when I start doing heavy push/pull combinations that the pain starts. I can even do a pulling WOD without a lot of trouble, it’s only when pull&push are combined that the problem stars and I definitely feel it a lot when doing a (tuck) front lever for instance.
Has anyone experienced this?
What could I do to stop this pain from occuring?
Thanks in advance,
Mark