New Knee Pre-Hab Alternative?

Started by jhgym2, September 6, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,949 Views

jhgym2

I was hoping I could get everyone to critique the following alternative to knee pre-hab without the use of flex-bands. Physiologically speaking, does this seem like an effective/safe exercise?

1. Sit in Pike Sit

2. Bend Right Leg and place the inside of the foot against the left knee

3. Rotate the knee so it is now flat on the ground pointing to the right, then rotate back to starting position.

NOTE: Throughout the duration of the exercise, maintain right to left pressure on the left knee from the right foot

Any help is always appreciated, thanks.

JaredLLL

im sorry but does that really work the knee at all? and not the hip joint ?

jhgym2

It is supposed to apply pressure through the knee as if the ankle had a flexband around it with the other end attached to a stationary object. I'm sure I've seen the aforementioned flexband exercise before for knee rehab?