Hey everyon, this is my first post.
I want to know at how many times bodweight in the romanian deadlift can I start to attempt a straddle planche.
Thank You.
Started by John Dalton, October 14, 2011 · 4 Replies · 4,046 Views
Hey everyon, this is my first post.
I want to know at how many times bodweight in the romanian deadlift can I start to attempt a straddle planche.
Thank You.
I am not entirley sure what you are asking. What i got out of it was "how many time do i need to RDL my body weight before i can do a straddle planche". IF not correct me, but i will answer that. Deadlifts, although good work, will not bring you any closer to a planche. It may make u progress slightly faster in each progression, but even then i doubt it. They are two very different exercises
Yes, that was my question. Very well then, the problem is I am stuck at the advanced tuck planche for many months now and I just can't move to a straddle. I thought doing deadlifts, as they are a lower back exercise, will help. Thanks anyway for your comment. By the way, how do you think I should try to increase my lower back strength?
Your lower back is ok, you shoulders are weak
A great way to get better at any given exercise is increasing volume. Example: If you can only do 3x10s of a adv tuck planche, Lower the time and increase the reps. Do 6-10 sets of 6s or do 7x8s. By increasing volume you are strengthening your mucles. You are not doing your max time (in this example 10s) so you are able to do more sets, but in doing more sets that you are able to hold longer your muscles get sronger.
If you can onyl do a 5s avd. tuck, go back to basic tuck. If you can do 20s of the basic tuck, cut it down to four or five sets of 12-15s. You see?
In BTGB Coach makes it clear that one should probably not start doing planche until they have a solid (at least 15s) full lay back lever. If you have already started the planche, then there is really no use stopping, unless you are physically hurting yourself. But you can start doing back levers (just make sure you don't squeeze your lats). the Progessions fro the back lever are German hang, Bl Tuck, Bl Flat tuck, Straddle, Hlaf lay, full lay. The german hang, bl tuck, and Bl flat tuck you want to try to hold for AT LEAST 3x30s, i personally am going to the German Hang for 3x60s as well as the BL tuck. The straddle half lay and full lay you only need to do 3X15s.
Hope this helped ![]()
-Ian