Dietary Supplement Labeling Act

Started by Quick Start Test Smith, October 13, 2011 · 9 Replies · 5,486 Views

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, are any of the Americans here keeping up with the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act?

In case you are interested on the effect it would have on the supplement industry: Click Here

I think almost everyone here purchases supplements, so it's highly relevant.

Philip Chubb

Absolutely disgusting. They allow food companies to hide trans fat in their food and label it as zero yet they want to further limit supplements. I would rather see them tax companies that use trans fat but I doubt that has ever come up in their legislation.

Quick Start Test Smith

No kidding, Phillip. I doubt we'll ever see that, though. :|

Philip Chubb

I do too. Which is completely backwards. It is like the FDA wants people to be unhealthy. No one should have to check a label for a substance that is going to clog their heart arteries though.

Seiji

Doesn't Switzerland have a tax on unhealthy foods?

Philip Chubb

I am not sure but I know recently that one Euro country passed a tax on saturated fat.

Freeflyer
PHILIP said:
I am not sure but I know recently that one Euro country passed a tax on saturated fat.

Would be nice if they could pick the appropriate fat to demonize... It infuriates me when Saturated fat is lumped in with artificial trans fats. Or when PUFAs are called "good" fats.

The FDA and USDA continually disappoint me when it comes to health and nutrition...

Razz

Please don't start talking about Denmarks recently introduced saturated fat tax........damn.

Philip Chubb

Well I am moving hahaha.

Oh it was Denmark? I couldn't remember if it was there or Sweden. Does this mean things like coconut cost more too? It makes me wonder if ignorant people get elected just to make ignorant laws like these..

Mark Weaver

Just get Orrin Hatch on the case. He co-wrote the '94 law for how supplements are regulated because of all the supplement companies (lots of them MLMs) here in Utah.

Gotta protect the constituents.