Hi all, I haven't yet posted much at all but have been following and WODding for a long while. Much thanks to Coach and everyone giving good advice around here, I've had all my questions answered by reading up until this.
I've eased back on straight-arm statics due to an over-use injury or two (fully rehabbed now). I'm currently doing ring adv l-sits, full back and front levers for a max(ish) of 35, 10 and 9 seconds respectively, with probably close to another 3-5 seconds on each if I pushed to failure.
My questions are;
1. I notice the recommended pre-req for l-sits is a solid minute. Am I being over-cautious in building up to a minute on rings before heading onto focused straddle-l work? It's not difficult for me to do it for a minute on PB or floor, but on rings the support gives out first in . Would I do better by spending more time in support and adding straddle-l work? Or is this something to persevere through and build support and static strength before heading on?
2. In the same way, I had planned to build up to 15-30 seconds on back lever before beginning planche work. Is this over-cautious, and could I be missing out on benefits by going slowly?
3. This one is getting ahead of myself probably, and is less asking for advice than wanting to know more about progression. I *really* like front levers and the way they feel, especially afterwards
What sort of time should I be working towards, given that I have the intention of moving onto advanced ring strength when I eventually get there? I had the idea of (long-term) building up to 20ish seconds and weighting my ankles down to a 10-ish max. Any thoughts?
I appreciate any ideas , and thanks in advance ![]()