Dreaming

Started by FritsMB Mansvelt Beck, October 11, 2011 · 10 Replies · 3,707 Views

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Breaks posted an excellent set of instructional videos of how to make a Dream Machine (see Equipment). It is also called a pulley system for rings, but I like the name Dream Machine. Why? Because it makes it possible to start dreaming about the (more advanced) moves on rings that otherwise are, at best, still years of training away. Does training on this DM help to more quickly master these more difficult moves? I have no idea. You tell me. But, regardless, for me it has already after just a week increased the fun factor several fold. Here is a small sample of me dreaming:

lcK5-ekQhvA

Thank you Breaks.

Razz

Very nice clip Frits! Inspiring as always

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Thanks Razz. I didn’t know how much progress I had made in the last two years, until I tried this “dreamingâ€. Of course, using a dream machine cuts back on body weight by 30% to 50% (depending on how dynamic the move is). But the thing I noticed was that, apart from getting stronger, my sense of body position and coordination on the rings had improved quite a bit these last two years. Again, I don’t know where this type of training will lead in terms of improving the unassisted moves, but I am going to use my DM for at least six months and see what it will get me.

Rings

This is great!

I did my own"dream machine",too. I work BL press to PL or maltese and it help me a lot to do PL on parallettes.

Training with pulley system isn´t so easy as it could seem. Straight arm skills still hard.

Some exercices from my routine with dream machine:

-IC press to support.

-BL press to PL

-Maltese press to PL

-HSPUs

-Victorian attempts,Azarian,etc...

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Hi Rings. Very happy to hear that you enjoy dreaming too. Yes, straight arm ring moves are hard, even at half your body weight. That probably is the reason why hardly any of my moves on the video is truly straight arm. So, something to work on. Victorian and Azarian attempts? Wow, I would like to see how you do that, even with a Dream Machine. Post a video. I am sure, it would inspire more people on this Forum to build there own DM. Have fun.

Rings

Well,I can do backward roll without help,and I try to do more stylized and straight like Azarian when I´m on pulleys system.

Is fun attempts "Azarian" to IC press to PL,etc...in one move... Is a dream machine..you know. :lol:

Cool videos to start with DM :

Azarian:

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Actually, I meant a video of you doing some moves on your Dream Machine. But, thanks for the links. I had seen the first one, but not the second one. Turns out that I did not exactly know what an Azarian is. So, now I do. Not for me though, even at half my body weight. Otherwise very happy with my machine. Haven’t felt so good after a rings workout in a long time.

Rings

I know,just I have this video testing my DM:

Was an improvised harness (a little bit dangerous) Now I have another one more safe,allows me to do more skills.

I feel good with the DM too.I feel a lot of shoulders work. Bl press to Pl is killer!

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Ah, you are ringsnastic. I subscribed to your channel a couple of months ago, because I liked how you execute your ring moves. A lot of control. No wonder that you can attempt to do an Azarian with your Dream Machine. I am pretty sure that you will master that move. Very nice video by the way of you trying out your DM. Thanks for showing it.

Michael Traynor

Great work Frits :)

Really glad you are enjoying it. I am too and it is definately helping to keep things interesting and strengthen lots of support muscles. I've been doing a lot of HSPU on mine and it feels like it's been really beneficial for my shoulder strength.

Keep the videos coming :)

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Well, thank you. Without your videos, I would not have made my dream machine. I am finding that it gives me a completely different way of scaling the various XR holds and moves that are described in the BtGB book. I will keep posting videos as I progress.