This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111011

Started by Coach Sommer, October 11, 2011 · 16 Replies · 2,294 Views

Coach Sommer

FwnbE7hHsEU

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 3

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Add additional MU and XR Shoulder-stand Presses as necessary to make the series challenging for your current strength level.

2) Be sure to select the most challenging MU variation that you can perform virtuously.

3) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

4) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

5) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

6) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

7) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

John Sapinoso

added in a little extra something [=

vr5fJ7zHEGk

Falcon
ts00nami said:
added in a little extra something [=

I would try those without DOMS from yesterdays 10 sets of weighted pulls/dips, damn, this is going to be painful as hell, but Ill film myself.

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strenght 3

5x15 seconds Adv Tuck FL

5x15 seconds PL Lean

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions, 2x10 Theraband Dislocates.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-5 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/5min Rest(Lower leg prehab A/B)

Repeat x3

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

NOTES:

-Even with 5min rest(upped from 4) the 3x5 of dips/pulls is still very difficult; so much so that the last reps are starting to get less than perfect in form(esp. on pulls). Going to move back to 5x4(at least tempo 212) until that's easily comfortable.

Squatchy

WU: some pullups, pushups

3 sets:

(MU's done from sitting with heels touching ground using as little assistance as possible, trying to keep legs straight and knees unbent)

2 MU > fwd roll > 2 MU > L-sit > 3 Shoulder Stands > 360 pull

did some more MU's to practice afterward, and threw in a couple more shoulder stands too just for the heck of it

5x15

FL

XR HS

GH

finish 2x10 ext

Mats Trane

Ts00nami, that is absolutely amazing!

Josh Schmitter
cdx said:
Ts00nami, that is absolutely amazing!

+5

Falcon

l3m-_89MCbs

Damn I want titanium depressors too! :(

critique appreciated.

John Sapinoso
Falcon said:
l3m-_89MCbs

Damn I want titanium depressors too! :(

critique appreciated.

solid support but turn your thumbs out on that L.

also on your front lever, retract your scaps before lowering down as it's impossible (or nearly) to do so under full load

@cdx and tanstaafl, thanks for the encouragement guys. really appreciate it.

thenail01

impressive jsap. Which leads me to another question... how do you (anyone?) begin training ring handstands?

blackmonster
thenail01 said:
impressive jsap. Which leads me to another question... how do you (anyone?) begin training ring handstands?

I started out getting confident with shoulder stands, then I lowered my rings close to the ground and kicked up into a HS while supporting myself with my feet wrapped around the straps.

Once this got easier I got to where I start from an L sit ( in the upper ring/support position ) and I bring my shoulders over my hands while keeping my arms straight, then my hips over shoulders, and lastly my legs going vertical in that order. Mine isn't perfect, but that's how I get up to it.

I also worked my HeS pike press a lot to help with the last press up into HS on the XR.

Hope this helps some.

blackmonster

Modded as usual, but still a great workout!

Performed the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength (assist MU, support, dip, support, Lsit, SS, inv MU, flatback BL tuck, G hang, FL)

5x15 seconds tucked FL

5x15 seconds HeS press hold with head held 1 inch from the ground.

5x15 seconds flat back BL tucked ( these are feeling much stronger! )

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

It was raining tonight, so the rings were really wet. I didnt want to try my luck with XRHS on wet rings, so I subbed the HeS press held an inch off the ground for 15 seconds instead.

Thanks coach!

Luke Searra

Check it out and give me a critique BTGB.

Been following BTGB for a year or two any form corrections or other extremely welcome.

I nicknamed myself Extreme Workout Chikarajuku.

Let's see what you all have to say.

-Chikarajuku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rrSv_Wo ... ata_player

Chikarajuku

Falcon
ts00nami said:
Falcon said:
l3m-_89MCbs

Damn I want titanium depressors too! :(

critique appreciated.

solid support but turn your thumbs out on that L.

also on your front lever, retract your scaps before lowering down as it's impossible (or nearly) to do so under full load

@cdx and tanstaafl, thanks for the encouragement guys. really appreciate it.

Thanks :) How did you built up such strong MUs? You seem to have scapula retracted and depressed throught the whole move.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Extra Rest day skipped :(

Luke Searra

Keeping Scapulas retracted in the FL is TOUGH!!!!!

John Sapinoso
Falcon said:

Thanks :) How did you built up such strong MUs? You seem to have scapula retracted and depressed throught the whole move.

I suspect some of the raw strength came from lots of up-rise work / upper arm catches from flipping skills that I trained as a competitive gymnast. As far as specifi work, I did a lot of wide slow negatives - starting from the bottom of a Bulgarian dip, focusing on the transition and ending in a hang. This was after building a solid base of slow narrow MU of course.