programm with basic strength exercises

Started by Felix Schreiter, October 10, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,307 Views

Felix Schreiter

Hello everyone,

I just finished my 3rd SSC. So far I used the WODs, however, i do not have the time to workout 4 days a week anymore, as I am in my last year of school and have lots of work..additionally scaling and planning the wods takes up some time, too, so using the WODs at the moment is just not a practical thing to do for me. I appreciate the results i had with the wods, but i want to switch to a simpler programm, which i could use 3 days a week. My first idea is to use 5 basic movements and work on them with 50%of my maximum rep per set. eg. if my pull up maximum of controlled reps is 6 i will do 10 sets of 3 reps, with 60sec rest between sets for pull ups. I got this programm from slizzardman, as he suggested this kind of training to build up volume in pull ups. my schedule would look like this:

T1 push ups variation, row variation, SLS

rest day

T2pull ups variation, HeSPU variation, NLC

rest day

T1

rest day

rest day

What do you think about this programm? I would focuse on slow progression and still use a SSC for my FSP. Another question I have is, how I could include some supporting exercises for these main ones, and which set/rep/rest scheme i should use for them. for example I found tick tocks (tuck), HLL and HeS presses excpecially beneficial in the wods und would like to have a secondary focus on them. Any ideas?

and please no posts which just say "stick to the wods".. I liked them and will switch back to them as soon as i can, but I need something simpler and more practical at the moment.

Horst

Cole Dano

Actually it looks like a decent program, there are some good things about going to a simpler program for a while anyway.

I did something similar when i was getting busy at the beginning of the autumn season and it felt good, and the wods feel good getting back to them now.

Myself i'd do some simple joint prep & flexibility work in the extra time you might have.

Wheelson

I actually just made a very similar routine, but on wednesdays are deadlifts, dips, and pullups, and fridays are squat, HSPU variation and front pulls/back pulls alternating each week. perhaps your even simpler approach would be better *mind starts crunching*

Felix Schreiter

Thanks for your replies. I will start this thursday and just see how it goes. I will probably do more prehab though, but do you have any ideas how to incorporate some additional supporting exercises on which i would just put a secondary focus on? Or do you think, that they are not needed?