RM

Started by Ian Legrow, October 10, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,102 Views

Ian Legrow

Howdy!

I'm sorry for asking this becasue i know its in this section, but every time I read threads on it, i get confused. I have heard that you want to increase strength as well as endurance, and have also JUST read 3x10 will help endurance. I don't know how to incorporate endurance and strength into the same workout, but besides that i get very confused with a lot of these abbreviations. I don't know the "science" so to speak of the body, so i have no idea what RM is. (30 – 60 % RM) <----- things like this confuse the hell out of me. What does this mean? It took me a while to realize what TUT and GTG was, could someone explain to me what things liek 30% and 6RM is?

Cole Dano

RM is rep max, in other words if you can lift 100 kilos once it's your one rep max. If you can lift it 5 times it's your 5 rep max etc.

30 – 60 % RM is a percentage of your 1 rep max, so for the above example 30 - 60 kilos.

Ian Legrow

Once again, an enormous help Mr. Brady. Thank you!

-Ian