This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111010

Started by Coach Sommer, October 10, 2011 · 6 Replies · 1,450 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

5m Senders

12 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

5m Senders

8 Box Jumps

5m Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 15’ of Senders in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) The Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats should be performed as a single unbroken set of 12 repetitions; alternating legs on each jump. Remember to jump as high as possible for each repetition.

3) The Box Jumps should be performed from a stand up onto as high a box as possible for all 8 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Do Not skip the Weighted Pike Stretch.

John Sapinoso

Wow great WOD. Admittedly, first legs I've done in a while. sorry no vid, pavillion was dark and it started raining.

Warm up:

Ran / sprint / high knees / heel kick etc about 1 k form my house to the pavillion.

3 minutes ropeless jump rope (uh...bouncing up and down?)

Knee series from the seminar

Ido's squat clinic

WOD

4 rounds

5m was a bit shorter than 3 bounds, so I just did 3 bounds as far as I could every time

12 pistols (rolling on the pavillion floor was of questionable health so I stayed on my feet. barefooting wasnt a problem though)

5m

no boxes, but there were large steps so I did elevated broad jumps, about 2 feet up and 6 feet long

5m

again no boxes, but i did descending broad jumps with a stick. about 2 feet down and 6 feet long.

no weights, but i did about 10 meters of ostrich pike bounces and a good minute or so of pike hold off an elevation.

Side note: Started doing grassfed 3 days ago and raw grassfed for the past 24 hours with copious (3-4) coconuts a day and have had insane amounts of energy and focus.

Josh Schmitter
ts00nami said:
12 pistols (rolling on the pavillion floor was of questionable health so I stayed on my feet. barefooting wasnt a problem though)

Ha, questionable indeed. ts00nami injury-->no ts00nami videos-->angry forum members-->lack of inspiration-->eventual depression-->all meaning of life lost...I mean, I guess there are other outcomes, but this one seems most probable :).

WOD:4 rounds, Rests as rx'd

5m Senders(alt. slight decline/incline)

12 Jumping Deck Squats

5m Senders

8 Box Jumps

5m Senders

4 Depth Jumps

5m Senders

Notes:

-This was very tough. Jumping deck squats feeling extremely hard today.

-I thought I forgot to do the last Senders at the end of the 3rd round, but looking back, I wasn't even supposed to do another senders after the depth jumps, so I did 3 extra.

Stretching

-2x30s Seated Toe Point alt. with 2x30s Ido Heel Sit, Runners calf stretch, 1 Leg Pavel good mornings, 2x30 Weighted Pike, quad stretch, seated straddle x 60, Kneeling Hip flexor stretch, Front Split work, Standing pike 2x45s.

-all around 30s holds unless noted.

Falcon

Four rounds:

20 Rebounds

6 10kg Jumping squats

20 Rebounds

6 SL Box Jumps

20 Rebounds

30 10kg SL Calf raises

10 sets of:

3 10kg Pullups

6 10kg PB Dips

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

Poor I don't have equipment for this one.

No time for stretching today, gotta make another routine that Ill use on rest days... more work...

Alvaro

4X:

5m senders

6 squat jumps

5m senders

8 jump up to 3rd step (not too high but a bit forward :? )

5m senders

4 depth jumps (form 4feet high)

2 X 30 seg weighted pike stretch

I´ve been performing the WODs since first of september but I´ve been a bit busy to post the WO. I´ll try to be posting from now!.

Squatchy

4 rounds (at least I think it was 4, I couldnt remember midway through if I had already done 2 or 3 rounds, so it might have ended up being 5 haha)

5m senders

12 jumping sl deck squats

5m senders

8 box jumps (40lb vest on)

5m senders

4 broad squat jumps (40lb vest on) with emphasis on landing (didnt have anything much to jump off, and it was nasty outside)

2x30m pike stretch with the weighted vest on.

Josh Schmitter
Squatchy said:
4 rounds (at least I think it was 4, I couldnt remember midway through if I had already done 2 or 3 rounds, so it might have ended up being 5 haha)

Ha, that sounds familiar :)

omegant said:
I´ve been performing the WODs since first of september but I´ve been a bit busy to post the WO. I´ll try to be posting from now!.

Awesome. I got a lot of good info on subbing and the like from you and killroy when I went through all the WOD's a while back. Glad to see ya back posting.