Hello everyone!
I tried doing a set of 10 Wrist Push-ups today. I did them from my knees. Couple of questions:
1) Are they suppose to hurt? Because for the whole duration of the set, it was simply painful. Once I was done with the set, after a few minutes, the pain was totally gone (so I guess it was more of a strain). Still, is it normal that it is simply painful? Is it gonna pass with time.
2) While the back of the hand is in contact with the floor and you are performing the rep, should you constantly try to extend the wrist ("open" them), or should you just not do any muscular effort at the wrist except that of flipping it over at the top to end in your knuckles?? I'm using Coach's video as a guide.
3) What are the benefits of doing these? "Wrist Conditioning" sounds too broad. As far as I know, I won't be doing any skills that require keeping the wrist with the back in contact with the floor and supporting my weight on it, so I guess its benefit is carry-over to something else?
Is it because it somehow balances the amount of lean things like Planches and Handstands require?