This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sam's Training Log

Started by SamLJC, October 7, 2011 · 0 Replies · 527 Views

SamLJC

Hello everyone and anyone who reads this!

Finally decided to get started with this gymnastics thing. Thanks once again to Blairbob and PHILIP for their help with my questions! I've been doing some barbell training for some months now. My plan is to do the WOD for the upper body and squat/deadlift for the lower body (at least until I can squat 2x bw). I am currently around 77kg at 174cm with 20% bodyfat.

I've decided to take PHILIP's advice and keep a week's distance from my training and the current WOD; especially since this will help things remain more flexible as I am still settling into my job.

Training on 7 Oct 2011:

As it is my first time, I decided to test my maxes on the beginner's FSP WU:

Plank: 80s

Reverse Plank: 80s

Hollow: 50s

Arch : 40s

PB Support: >60s

Chin up grip dead hang: 80s

I terminated each FSP whenever I felt that my form became unacceptable. Still, since I did not video myself, I probably overestimated the times I performed each FSP in good form.

WOD 110929 (scaled)

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 Neg. Wall HeSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 FX PPP

This is my introductory WOD. Since I have always subscribed to the training philosophy of resting for however long it takes to recover, the short resting periods on the WOD made it feel really hard. I timed myself and found myself resting by 5-20 extra seconds on those sets where I didn't pay close attention to the stopwatch. 30 seconds seems like an awfully short time!

I initially did Wall HeSPU instead of the negatives but found out in the second set that I couldn't recover in time and had to scale down. Form on the dip deteriorated a little, with my forearms touching the rings sometimes as the sets progressed. Not entirely certain that I'm doing the CWWs right. I probably ought to find a way to video myself doing these..