In the book, in the section of the BL static hold, Coach Sommer wrote:
"In the beginning, squeezing inward with the arms into your lats will also be of great assistance to you. This practice however should only be used in the beginning when necessary and should be discontinued as soon as possible."
Well, I forgot to do this and already got to 10 sec hold BL - Flat Tuck variation, but squeezing into my lats!! :shock: Therefore, I developed way too much lat (Latissimus dorsi) strength and MASS (my lats are now annoying because of their size, they are an obstacle and they've REDUCED my shoulder flexibility!!) :roll: :cry:
So, I've modified my training: went back to 15 sec hold BL - Tuck variation but now I try to OPEN MY ARMS TO THE SIDES. Is this ok? And if it is... HOW MUCH SHOULD I OPEN? It feels really awkward, although I do feel more strain on my arms.