I have just a few short questions that I hope someone can answer for me.
My primary posterior chain exercises (outside of sprints) are GHR (single leg and regular) and FSP (bridges, arch holds, etc). I used to do deadlifting (which was a ton of fun) but my lower back would get tense and clench up after sets, so I stopped.
Anyway, I want to avoid unnecessarily increasing the size of my butt. Basically. Not for vanity purposes (only). Any extra mass on my lower body that I will accept having will be in my calves and hams. The front of my legs are fairly well developed already I think.
Can anyone give me any tips on minimizing this? I'm doing 5x5 superset A + B of SLS/super deep split squats + GHR (SL or norm).
It may help to see my training overview, so here it is:
- * Strict lean gains (heavy day +300 kcal, light day -300 kcal) (heavy day - low fat, high pro, high carb) (light day - medium fat, high pro, low carb) - 4 light days and 3 heavy days
* 3 times a week strength (M, W, F) - about 1.5-2 hours each session (Wednesday = heavy FSP day with FSP WU and 10 minutes of stomach to wall HS (work:rest ratio = 1:3 ex. if I hold 20 seconds, I rest a minute) and another 10 minutes for bridge (should I do arch up hold for this instead?)
* 1-2 times a week sprint/heavy bag work blitz intervals (tabata as well as a few 1-2 minute intervals)
* 1 time a week long kicking and punching practice routine (about 1000 kicks and punches) - steady pace, not really endurance, just basic work capacity.
Thanks a lot ![]()