I was conditioning upper body at the gym about a week ago and one of the older gymnasts suggested a leg conditioning routine called the ring of fire. (each exercise was a lap around the floor. broad jumps, punching, one legged punching right, one leg punching left, squat jumps). I am in a military program that requires alot of running and i noticed a 2 minute add on to my mile from a sore ankle the next day. I got out of my rack on the third day and my ankle was horribly swollen and it refused to work.
I am seeing out an orthopedist on thursday afternoon but until then I am on crutches. Is this from straining my ankle or from not stretching enough or is this just using a muscle for the first time and overworking it?
Any guesses on what I did or what I can do will be helpful.
Ryan