wall Handstands

Started by Ian Legrow, September 27, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,289 Views

Ian Legrow
That being said, this is not necessarily the same approach that I would use for fitness training. I would recommend spending a minimum of 10 minutes, and possibly as much as 20 minutes, one to two times a week working on wall handstands.

I re-read this yesterday in one of Coach's essays. I have been flipping back and forth whether to ask this or not as i am assuming it might have already been asked before. but i have read every thread from pages one to four on the handstand skills and haven't seen it. I did these yesterday, and found although i do have relitively good shoulder flexibility ( i was able to get my wrists about an inc h and a half away from the wall) it was a lot more difficult because i had been doing them wrong, but thanks to other peoples questions i am doing them right.

My question is: according to the quote above, we have to do these 1-2 times a week for 10-20 minutes. That does not mean 20 minutes on hands i know. I did these yesterday fro fifteen minutes, and i am not overly tired today, which is good, but i feel as if i could do them more then 2 times a week. But, becasue of what caoch said, i won't. SO, can i practice kick-up handstands on one or two days a week fro 5 or ten minutes as well? Or should i wait until i am proficient in these wall handsatnds?

Cole Dano

HS work, once you get used to it, is comparatively easy on the body, you can add it in anytime you want.

As always, when adding more to your routine, do watch if it has any negative effects, and adjust appropriately.

Ian Legrow
:) Thank you very much!! :)