This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110927

Started by Coach Sommer, September 26, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,482 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Due to my upcoming departure to Australia for the GB Melbourne Seminar, this WOD is being posted early. Be sure to NOT perform it until Tueday Sept 27.

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Kenneth Manning

Coach, thanks so much for posting these upcoming WODs since you'll be traveling. It's hugely appreciated!

Coach Sommer
killroy70 said:
Coach, thanks so much for posting these upcoming WODs since you'll be traveling. It's hugely appreciated!

You are most welcome, my friend. 8)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Josh Schmitter
killroy70 said:
Coach, thanks so much for posting these upcoming WODs since you'll be traveling. It's hugely appreciated!

+5.

Falcon

You guys are right :) Thank You Coach :)

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike HS RLL

1x10 Straddle HS RLL

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

2x10 Wrist Pushups

This was painful as usual.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-5x2 CWW(1:00 rests)

-1x5 Pike Press HeS/2min

-1x10 Straddle Press HeS/5min

10 min HS wall runs:

-2 x [30s on/60s off x 10, 1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees]/5min between sets

-First 4 Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs

NOTES:

-rest time down 15s again for CWW, very tough today...but this could also be due to sleep issues as well.

-Held off adding another full Wall Run rep to first set...again, could be do to CWW rest times or just overall sleep/recovery. This was very tough, so again, might keep EVERYTHING the same next time around. I have been taking down the CWW times every HS WOD so, I might want try to keep it constant over the 3 different HS WOD's before lowering it again.

Squatchy
killroy70 said:
Coach, thanks so much for posting these upcoming WODs since you'll be traveling. It's hugely appreciated!

I concur. Thanks a lot for these!

blackmonster

I need to get back in the habit of posting up my workouts.

Tonight I did:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HeS

5x minutes of HS Wall Runs ( my wrists were killing me after 5 minutes. I'll eventually get up to 10 minutes. They are getting more solid )

Finished up with 2x 10 Wrist PU

Thanks again Coach, I hope you trip goes well!

Mark Wyly

1 x 10 cast wall walks focusing on slow decents and pressing through the shoulders and focusing on holding a good body line at the top.

1x5 pike press floor and some developing pike press parralette work

1x10 straddle press floor and some developing straddle press parralette work

Handstand wall runs as follows:

first set 5 minute run

90 second rest

second set 2 and 1/2 minute run

90 second rest

third set 2 minutes and 10 seconds

30 second rest

last set 30 second

total: 10 minute and 10 sec HS wall run

5 minutes straight is a personal best for me :)

Mark Plas

My WOD:

2x5 Cast Wall Walks

Building up to 10 CWW in a row is a slow process for me. After 5 I'm totally out of breath, but I'm improving.

1x10 Pike Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Press HeS

I do headstands instead of HS.

I replaced the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs with 10x20 seconds free HS attempts. I cannot do a freestanding HS, but I've found a way where I can put myself between the wall and a PB that's at 1m90 height. That way I can practice the free standing HS without continuously falling down.

I've noticed that trying to keep myself fully balanced on my hands is a lot more intense that just having my feet against the wall (I do stomach to wall HS). I've also noticed that something is wrong with my body line because I was barely able to keep balancing, I kept on falling with my feet to the wall. I think my shoulders aren't open enough. This was the first time I tried this though, so I expect some improvements the coming weeks/months.

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Lily Rose

This is so cool! I tried it just to see in what shape I am...and I'm not telling you the rest :D