HeSPUs hit a Plateua.......I wanna Quit

Started by chingyvang, September 26, 2011 · 33 Replies · 7,873 Views

chingyvang

alright, i've been doing them 4 reps per set and like 20 sets today...and it felt good. my question is, how long do i continue this until i go back to regular 3 sets? i mean how do i test my strength gains?

Vagabond

I'm not sure about that. How do you feel? If you feel pretty good, do it every day until you feel like you need to rest. Then, rest a few days, then test your max again. And I insist that you wait until you're fresh to test your max. No hypertrophy bullshit, go for strength! When you'll be strong, hypertrophy will be a side effect anyways.

Ian Legrow

I woudl offer adivce, but you are doing a lot more sets then i am used to. And what the hell is GTG by the way, i tired to look it up on the WOD acronyms, but it was not there

Falcon
Im Not being rude, but this is entirly untrue. SSC is meant for both FSP and FBE. I have asked this many times jsut to make sure. Per your example 4 pull ups fro 8 weeks, i don't believe is nonsense, i believe that if that is all yopur body can handle (ie 3x3 pull ups fro 8-12 weeks) then that is all your body can handle. After the 8-12 weeks of doing the 3x3 sets of pull ups or in this persons case his HeSPU, his body will get used to doing 3x3 and therefore be stronger for when he ups the reps, say 3x5. And you start the cycle again. The Steady State Cycle is for everyone and for both static and body weight exercises to not only prevent injury but to also make it impossible for one to over-train them self.

That may very well be true, but it was completely unproductive with me. I like my own programming over this, I went even as far as working some of the FSPs out of SSC rules, and it's giving me good results, as I said, everyone has to find what works for him :)

Ian Legrow

Very true. Much the same, i found the WODs did not really work out for me yet, becasue while i was doing them i was scaling things so drasically that i did not know if it was even on the same level as what he put in the WOD. The SSC works for me although i have only been doing this since April SO i am able to do what i can :) woot!

MH87
chingyvang said:
alright, i've been doing them 4 reps per set and like 20 sets today...and it felt good. my question is, how long do i continue this until i go back to regular 3 sets? i mean how do i test my strength gains?

Try resting for a week.. No training. Or at least get a few days rest.. You won't be missing out on anything.. Eat and rest, I'd say. :)

Ian Legrow
MH87 said:
chingyvang said:
alright, i've been doing them 4 reps per set and like 20 sets today...and it felt good. my question is, how long do i continue this until i go back to regular 3 sets? i mean how do i test my strength gains?

Try resting for a week.. No training. Or at least get a few days rest.. You won't be missing out on anything.. Eat and rest, I'd say. :)

This is always awesome advice! i completley forgot about this. take a week off and you will be amazed at what you can do when you are fully rested

Vagabond

GTG means Grease The Groove. It's not an approach by coach Sommer, it comes from Pavel Tsatsouline, I think.

Ian Legrow

Oh yes! i remember that now! I have never tired that before