PB support swings

Started by Graham Smith, September 23, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,537 Views

Graham Smith

So I tried PB support swings for the first time last night. They hurt as expected, but I decided not to winge and just did them anyway, focussing on maintaining a good support and not shrugging. Today my upper arms look and feel like mince meat with the amount of bruising. Is this something that can be conditioned away or am I doing myself physical damage? I only did 10 swings, but I do weigh 90kg.

Also, won't be able to attend the Aussie GB seminar due to work commitments :cry:

Joshua Naterman

Support swings should not cause bruising, I think you may be doing something different. You should have your arms straight like in a PB support the whole time, and you swing your body forward and backwards. That's it, nothing should be slamming onto PB or anything like that unless for some reason you are getting too enthusiastic and falling a lot!

Blairbob

I think you must have been doing upper arm support swings which rest the inside part of the arm between the bicep and tricep. There is also a wonderful pressure point in that area.

You'll get used to it in time. Wear some wristbands around your biceps and that will ease it a bit.