This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please Help Me Make a Better Routine.

Started by Bob Sanders, September 3, 2008 · 1 Replies · 556 Views

Bob Sanders

OK I know that not one routine nor all routines are perfect and that only a successful routine is one that fits the person's goals. OK I recently stop doing my routine. My routine was from Ross's Never Gymless. Now I won't argue that it is bad but it is mostly targeted for boxing sports and sports that needs intense conditioning in order to win like boxing, wrestling or maybe football. But right now I am not doing any of this or any other sports. My goals to have a better physique. Now I got GREAT results from NG. But why not continue. Why by doing NG I don't think i will ever have a physique of a Gymnast. First of all some of the exercise are too easy. I tried to add weight to it but that is more complicated with a slipping backpack. And also the exercise and routine wasn't fun so I dread it and I get bored. And the only exercise hard enough for me to do was one legged squats, one arm push up( ASSISTED), Tricep Extension(BW), and GHR which i can't do because I don't have a spotter.

Second of all the conditioning is killer. I hate it. The Circuit exercise is ahrd but I an deal but the interval sprinting is a bit complicate because 1.I don't the know how much exactly is 50 meter or 400 meter. 2. The grass is not an idea place to run with bugs and all.

So Ross's routine was like this. You put 2 exercises and do them as a mini-circuit. One upper body and one lower body. Do an upper rest for 45 to 90 sec. then do the lower rest and repeat.

Now one time I just did some exercise randomly like L-sits, frog stands, hand stands hold, and tucked lever. I did them all without a designated time, rest or sets. Is that a good way to train or not?

Also one of the members here say that conditionings like HIT is not necessary with Gymnastics because the strength conditionings is intense enough to shred fat. SO how do I do that? my goals now are to have a full sit back instead of 4 pack and then go on to build more muscles. I hope I was cleared enough. Please help me out!

Blairbob

Fighting the disease of the same or similar workouts just leads to mental burn out. Gymnastics adds another dimension to BW. Great for the attention deficit.

We used to do circuits of 45 seconds on with 15 seconds of rest ( which was also transition to next station ) of 3-5 movements. You can also do 20-10 which is good too, especially early on or for young'ns.

I'm not too impressed with weighted pistols. It's just strange. I believe in making them more dynamic is far more useful.

No idea what a body weight tricep extension is. Is that the baby dip form you while placing your hands behind you on parallettes or a chair. We used to have the weak kids sit on the PB and do these sometimes instead of real dips.

Get off the grass and find a nice dirt or rubber track. Grass can be fun, but I'm more concerned about slipping or hidden holes than being dirty and bugs. However, I hate mosquitos.

Being all cut is a function of a proper nutrition regimen first and the exercise second. If you work a lot of high intensity strength, you could just do that instead of HIT.