Help with my frog stand and hip pu please

Started by Adam Boles, September 22, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,694 Views

Adam Boles

So, this is my attempt at a frog stand. I'm unsure whether I should continue with paralettes or try and force the move on the ground since ultimately I would like to do planche pu on floor. As for the stand, am I doing everything right, I find that the pressure is sometimes heavy on my shoulders and sometimes more so on my wrists.

And this is my hip push up attempt. I feel my hands aren't back enough but (obviously), placing my hands further back is to intense on my shoulders to hold.

Thanks for the help, even though I'm such a novice.

Falcon
zeroender said:

So, this is my attempt at a frog stand.

Hips should be in a line with shoulders, yours are too low.

Adam Boles
Falcon said:

Hips should be in a line with shoulders, yours are too low.

Even for just the frog stand?

Aaron Griffin
zeroender said:
Falcon said:

Hips should be in a line with shoulders, yours are too low.

Even for just the frog stand?

Yeah, you're putting your knees on your forearms - they should be on the elbows.

Edit: Actually the problem is that you're keeping your arms straight - a frog stand requires bent arms. The advanced frog stand places the knees on the BACK of the elbows with straight arms

Adam Boles

So, is this a sufficient advanced frog stand? I feel most of the pressure on my wrists instead of my shoulders, does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Aaron Griffin

I'm no expert, but it seems ok to me - spend some time doing it to "clean it up" a bit.

And yeah, I feel a lot of wrist pressure too - that and my lats.

Falcon
zeroender said:
So, is this a sufficient advanced frog stand? I feel most of the pressure on my wrists instead of my shoulders, does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, that is quite correct form. And yes, you will feel some pressure on your wrists, it's always a little bit uncomfortable. Remember to have the arms locked at all times.

John Sapinoso

You should aim to have your hips level with your shoulders. Also note that the upper back should be rounded, not slacked, as this helps translate into a more solid planche down the line.