Strenght/Weight Ratio

Started by DennisGoossens, September 21, 2011 · 8 Replies · 5,602 Views

DennisGoossens

Well,

If you look at Yuri Van Gelder, he's verry muscular and verry strong

If you look at Eleftherios Petrounias, he's not extremely muscular like yuri van gelder, but also verry strong

So Strengt vs Weight is verry important.

Now my question is: How do you when you train gain allot of strenght but not the mass so you don't get havvier?

Quick Start Test Smith

Dennis, I think the common way (at least with weights) is to do relatively high sets of very low reps. Something like 6 sets x 2-3 reps. I'm not really sure exactly how to apply the same kind of scheme to gymnastic holds and mixed movements, but it's useful to remember that Time Under Tension is the most important measurement for us. \

This is a pretty good thread about it at tnation: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online ... ion_ranges

Razz

Keep your repetitions and total TUT low and control your diet.

Quick Start Test Smith

Here's a cool chart, by the way.

Time Under Tension for Rep Ranges :

Rep Range------------------------Time under Tension----------------Rounded OFF

6 – 9 reps-------------------------36 to 72 seconds------------------------*40 -75 seconds

9 – 12 reps------------------------54 to 96 seconds------------------------ *55 – 100 seconds

12 – 16 reps------------------------72 to 128 seconds------------------------*75 to 130 seconds

16 – 20 reps------------------------96 to 160 seconds------------------------*100 to 160 seconds

* Time under tension rounded off

DennisGoossens

So more weight lower reps?

Razz

Yes :)

Yaad Mohammad

How about no weights and just bodyweight? That's how I do it, and I don't gain any mass at all.

Niels Joergensen
Rago said:
How about no weights and just bodyweight? That's how I do it, and I don't gain any mass at all.

That's more related to nutrition rather than your training. Of course your training comes into play but if you don't eat you don't grow.