Okay, I actually haven't trained hardly at all for the last 10 days because of really bad sleep and lack of time, but now that my schedule is much more open (more free time for learning and training!) and I've set up an awesome area training at any hour, I'm really super pumped to get back into things 1000%.
This is NOT another "how do I get big" post, by the way. ![]()
Actually, I have two questions.
Number 1) My routine is basically four days a week of super high set (15 and raising) and low rep (3) supersets (ex. pull ups/dips, sls/ghr, rows/wall handstands, deadlifts/1armDBshrugs) with about 60 seconds between each exercise in the superset (exercise 1, 30s rest, exercise 2, 30s rest). I do AIS in the upper body rest times and upper body prehab during lower body rest times. The three reps are in my 6RM range, so do you think this is developing, at least somewhat, maximal strength?
Number 2) MB from LeanGains seems to believe that anything besides walking/really light cardio between three day a week strength workouts will be detrimental to body recomp or strength development. I'm a bit dubious about the truth in that. Do you think that if I did about an hour of martial arts bag work and practice on Wednesday and Saturday that it would make a noticeable difference in my strength/recomp gains?
Hopefully I will start getting better sleep so I can wake up early and train again. I have really bad insomnia and I don't know why!
Thanks.