muscle up.Is it a good form?

Started by klops3style, September 15, 2011 · 9 Replies · 2,278 Views

Rower

You forgot the descend :wink:

In my opinion, your form is fine, but you are a tad too fast. Try to be less explosive and more controlled.

Coach Sommer

Good effort.

However for future reference note that the muscle up was incomplete; the elbows were not straight nor the rings turned out at the top of the movement.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Falcon
Coach Sommer said:
Good effort.

However for future reference note that the muscle up was incomplete; the elbows were not straight nor the rings turned out at the top of the movement.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, what do you mean by straight elbows exactly? For example, when I do planche leans, my elbows are straight to their flexibility limit, but when I do RTO support, they're straight, but not extended to their flexibility limit, which is almost hyperextension in my case. I find it impossible to straighten my elbows to flexibility limit, because when I do that, my forearms come off off the top part of rings, and I start to fall forward, like into maltese.

Coach Sommer

This indicates that you are not yet strong enough for a correct XR support position. I would recommend beginning with a correct XR prone support and then gradually inclining the XR to incrementally increase intensity of load.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cole Dano

Coach if you see this, will the arms necessarily be off the top of the ring in a good RTO support hold? It feels to me they have to for my elbows to fully straighten.

Falcon
Mr Brady said:
Coach if you see this, will the arms necessarily be off the top of the ring in a good RTO support hold? It feels to me they have to for my elbows to fully straighten.

Looks like they have to, but that is impossible, because when you remove forearms from the top of the ring, you start fall into the maltese, and if youre not in RTO support, you start to fall into iron cross. My arms are straight, not bend, they're not just locked, because locking them would mean removing my forearms from the rings, and I really don't know how to do that. If it's really possible, then it would be a little fix for me, my pectorals are stable and strong enough to hold the support.

Cole Dano

Interesting, i'm not by any means super strong, but i have been able to get my arms off the top of the rings without any feeling of falling forward.

Are you hollow while doing it?

Falcon
Mr Brady said:
Interesting, i'm not by any means super strong, but i have been able to get my arms off the top of the rings without any feeling of falling forward.

Are you hollow while doing it?

Im as hollow as I can and still, no way of not getting in contact with the upper part of the rings.

klops3style

I can't muscle up on pull-up bar.. ;(