IMPATIENCE

Started by Ian Legrow, September 12, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,751 Views

Ian Legrow

When I first came to this web site i knew very little. But since i spend virtually every day on it for a long period of time i learn more and more. One thing I seem to be unable to find though is impatience. Maybe there are ones i have read and just forget them, but does anyone else enjoy this so much that they just want to push their body to the end of physical capability? See, i felt that way when i first got into this. Had a very very small mishap with a tendon in my forearm and a preexisting problem with my shoulder. Both have been taken care of and now i find that doing things slower makes me all the more excited about the future because I know I will have the strong enough desire to do it, but sometimes i find myself having to go for a walk or something because I get so impatient and want to do more ( or at least attempt to do more I should say)?

I can't even really say it's impatience. For me its just enjoyment. But the difference between gymnastics and say video games, is you have to rest your body with gymnastics. And not a lot of people can just do gymnastics for 4-6 hours a day.

But does this type of impatience happen with anybody else?

Alessandro Mainente

ahahaha yes man, consider that if i can't train i'm nervous, too much nervous!! but you have to listen your body and know that take your body to the limits is follow the way for a injury!! is the impatience to DO, always do something new and more powerful!!! but the time will give you response!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Rafael David

Impatience for what, buddy? Impatience don't help in anything. You're not a machine, our bodies naturally have fixed limits and we must learn to respect them, moreover, we all will die one day and we will not bring this body with us ... Only eat what need to eat and train when you need training, you will have more health (one less problem in this existence), just be patient. :wink:

Ian Legrow

Both very true responses. I really don't know how to explain how i feel about everything. I guess its more excitement then impatience (or it is now anyway. Back in April I was getting frustrated an impatient.) I enjoy the constant flow of information I get everyday even though i spend 2-3 hours on this board every day. I guess i get a little goofy when I get to finally do something i am passionate about :roll: But it is just as nice fro me to be able to help new people that come on here as well. Obviously i do not have as much knowledge as say Slizz, but then again i have only been doing this since April. I have also found gymnastics is a great way for me to release any stresses that have occured during my day, you know?

Michael Traynor

If you have 4-6 hours a day free that you could spend training then schedule your time sensibly and spend more time training.

No I don't mean go crazy and do 100 rings series each day but the reality is that there are many many things you can do that won't damage you or cause too much overtraining. My main suggestion would be flexibility work.

How is your pike compression, how open can you get you shoulders while staying hollow? these are ESSENTIAL flexibility issues that most people don't take seriously enough and their progress is held back because of it. Now I train at a large facility I train for 4 or 5 hours at once but I still only do 30 minutes on each apparatus and spend A LOT of time working flexibility.

Cole Dano

Good points Breaks, i'm always amazed at how the time flies when i'm training, 4-5 hours is really no problem when you have a good set of programing tools to work with.

Not to say everyone needs to spend that much time, but for those who have the luxury its easy to fill that many hours.

Regarding the OP it really helps to set long term goals but a step by step, one day at a time approach to getting there. The goals give the motivation, and the step by step method the patience to let nature take its course.

I realized recently that even after going to two seminars, i'd been skipping many of the prelim steps with FSPs. Consequently stalling out. I am now working through each one from the very beginning, recording the progress and mapping out the next step. Otherwise it was too easy to brush the foundational work off.

Ian Legrow

flexibility training is a good idea. Again, to clarify, i am not angry or literally impatient that this is not going fast enough its jsut one of those things i look forward to so much that i want to know now how it will turn out of me in the future but i can't so i have to wait, you know? But that compression pike stretch is a great idea. I can open my shoulders completley while in a hollow position so i should probably focus on the pike compression. I saw something Slizz said back in July ( ir ead it yesterday) about stretching your hip flexors with no hands and how he was almost able to touch his face to his knees. That sounded great so i will practice that as well. Of course i won't forget my wall extensions or bridge wall walks, or any other stretch for that matter, but I understand where ya'll are coming from. Thank you!