This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110912

Started by Coach Sommer, September 12, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,301 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo Weighted MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Straddle V-ups

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 413 for the FBE. This equates to a 4 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent.

5) You may scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

6) If the HeS RLL and Straddle V-ups are not challenging enough on their own, add ankle weights to increase the intensity until these are quite challenging for the 5 repetitions.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Falcon

I can't do this due to my forearm injury, can anybody tell me what the next workout will be? I want to do pulling today, and it would be bad if tomorrow would be pulling too :D

Jhaek

Did it today but with lower number and without weight MU and I did just 2 bridge wall walks because I was going to puke xD It was very intesive and hard and I overestimated my strength and endurance - big mistake :S

Josh Schmitter

WOD: 3 sets each/2min rests

-15s L sit Low/5 Tempo MU rows

-15s German Hang/5 Tempo HeS RLL

-15s Tuck Lsit Hang/5 Tempo Tuck V-ups

10 BWW(about 4 steps down)

Notes:

-Warm up sets a little messed up. For reference, what should have been: 2x5 rows, 2x5- Straddle/Pike Box HeRLL or RLL off shelf/straddle HeRLL

-Tempo HeS RLL very hard. Last round almost not doable, but made it.

-Tuck V-ups .5 less hard :).

end.

Falcon said:
I can't do this due to my forearm injury, can anybody tell me what the next workout will be? I want to do pulling today, and it would be bad if tomorrow would be pulling too :D

Ahhh, come on, you can figure out what tomorrow's WOD will be :).

Falcon

Okay, I will do some HS skill work today, and then some heavy pulling (weighted chins and negatives, oac work) and stair climbing (yea, I don't climb rope, I climb stairs :D )

TANS- My tip is Lsit tuck press PL, and presses, or legs :D

Himamshu Nallan

@ Falcon

I have looked at the W.O.D.s over a period of around 4 weeks and they are in the following order:

Handstand, Dynamic Press, Ring Strength, Basic Strength, Dynamic pull, Max Legs, HS, Dynamic Leg, Ring Strength, Basic Strength, Dynamic Press, Max Legs, Handstand, Dynamic Pull, Basic Strength, Dynamic Leg, Max Legs..

and the cycle repeats...

I bolded today's day (tomorrow's would therefore be Dynamic Press)

I arranged all of those workout days into a circle and made a poster in my room :3

I am not implying that there is a definite end or beginning to the cycle.. I just listed an arbitrary segment..it makes more sense in a circle than a linear list..

I hope that helps :)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I forgot my camera today :(:( I will remember tomorrow

Back Squat 80% x 5 x 7

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded L-Sit on P-Bars + 3 Tempo XR Narrow MU

1 Embedded Arch Body Hold (60s) + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded OH @ 45 Degrees + 5 Tempo Straddle V-ups (limited flexibility but my abs kill now still; so it did its job)

Tempo = 413

Finished with 10 Bridge Wall Walks, 2 x 60s Straddle Stretch & 2 x 60s Pike Stretch

blackmonster

Hello again everyone, it feels great to be back! I was on vacation in Yellowstone for the last week, and it was absolutely amazing! Doing exercise at 4000+ feet higher than you are used to is definitely a way to add some intensity to your workouts!

Anyway, it is nice to be back and doing WOD's with everyone again.

My modded WOD tonight consisted of:

Wrist warmup routine with some wrist PU's thrown in

3x sets of:

1x Embedded Tuck PL on parallettes + 5 Tempo Assisted MU ( Im focusing on the transition mainly so I kept the rings low for these )

1x Embedded Tuck BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1x Embedded Tuck FL + 5 Tempo Straddle V-ups ( I alternated between straddle and regular for these )

Finished the workout with 10x Bridge Wall Walks

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Bdk1786 said:
Funny you mention elevation. I will be receiving an elevation trainer soon and really want to use it on the WODs. I live in Colorado at altitude 1mi+, so it will be very fun to experiment with higher elevations and see how much it beats me down.

A+

blackmonster
Bdk1786 said:
Funny you mention elevation. I will be receiving an elevation trainer soon and really want to use it on the WODs. I live in Colorado at altitude 1mi+, so it will be very fun to experiment with higher elevations and see how much it beats me down.

It really does make a difference! I live at 750 ft above sea level, so when I was staying at 4k+ for a week I noticed that I was running out of breath a bit quicker. It really made running a little bit more challenging than I was used to.

Mark Wyly

Got to this a daay late due to work but felt great! Fl and pl felt improved. Peace!