FSP - Max Strength with EDT

Started by chunky34, September 10, 2011 · 2 Replies · 3,673 Views

chunky34

Hi guys.

First of all, congrats on all the work done by Coach Summer and the moderators around to make this website full of useful informations. I'm glad to have found Coach's book and this forum.

A bit of my background that maybe could help you answering the question, even if I don't think it related. I'm from a standard bodybuilding and powerlifting background. I'm 6'5" at 250 lbs, around 12-13% bodyfat. I've build decent amount of strength (B=300, S=315, D=500) but I'm looking in a fresh start with Gymnastic bodies book and forum to gain more "functional" strength, along with more athletic look as being "huge" is not a priority now that I'm 26. I think that doing HSPU, FL Row, Dips, Chins, L-Sit variations are more likely to help you in real life situation than benching 400+.

Anyway, after analyzing informations in the book and reading on the forum, I build a routine that I think could be effective and I wanted your opinions.

In the last years of my training, I tried once EDT from Charles Staley, which can be easily done with basic strength exercise like Push-Up, Rowing, Dips and chins up. But I think we could apply the same principles for FSP. Let me explain.

A popular way to apply EDT with bodyweight exercises is for example we do dips. We would do 3 reps, rest 10 sec, 3 reps, rest 10 sec etc. When you cannot complete 3 reps with this rest interval, you boost the rest interval to 20 secs and start again, bump to 30 sec after and so on. With FSP, we basically could hold a position for 5 secs, rest 10 sec, hold 5 sec etc.

What do you think ? My goal is to be stronger, leaner and gain some hypertrophy. I know that the different basic strength exercise and FSP can help achieving these goals. I was thinking combining EDT which work great for me in the past with the different gymnastic variations.

Looking foward your answers.

Blairbob

Try it, some people around here have done the beginning stage of Poliquins GVT.