This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mighty Mouse 13's Training Log

Started by MightyMouse13, September 9, 2011 · 11 Replies · 1,139 Views

MightyMouse13

Hello all. I'm starting a training log to hold myself accountable, get feedback, and also to simply help me remember what I did each day and track my progress.

Please forgive me (and correct me) if some of my names for exercises are off, as I haven't been a part of the gymnastics community and I'm approaching things strictly from the perspective of a bboy and strength coach.

Height- 5' 8"

Weight- 145 lbs

Known Maxes-

Advanced Tuck Planche Hold- 27 sec

1 min pushup max- 77

September Goals:

Multiple flares

30+ sec advanced tuck planche hold

10+ tuck planche pushups

Continue to improve flexibility

Continue to improve handstand press

Continue to work on L-Sit

Free-standing HSPU

So let the log begin:

9/7/2011

2x 2 minute Plank

20x each- Side Plank Lift

15x each- Switching Staggered Pushup Hops

5x each- One arm pushups- wide leg

15x each- Elevated stagger pushups

20x each- Lemon squeezer/ v-up

60 sec- 6 in (hollowback hold as referred to in coach geoff video)- 20 sec flutter kick in the middle

30x- pushup elbow out

20x bodyweight squats

10x- Zero to 90 Candlestick Press Up

50x- lemon squeezers

10x- Divebomber pushups

10x- Hop Fly Pushups

10x- pseudo planche pushup with eccentric legs off ground

3x20 sec- back bridge stretch

3x30 sec pancake split

MightyMouse13

9/8/2011

5x5- Dragon Flags/ Candlesticks

4x5 each side- windshield wiper

50x- 6"/hollowback flutter kicks

2x20- pushup

2x20- pushup elbows out

3x20- pike push candlesticks

3x30 sec- weighted standing pike stretch (35# plate)

10x- Back hyperextensions

10x- pseudo planche pushups

20x each- lemon squeezers/ v-ups

10x each- switching plyo pushups

10x each- elevated staggered pushups

2x2 min- plank

20x each- side plank lift

Handstand Holds

3x30 sec- back bridge stretch

3x30 sec- pancake split

3x30 sec- straddle split

3x30 sec- front split/ each leg

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, MightyMouse,

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your training. :)

MightyMouse13

Thanks very much for the welcome. Here's the last couple day's logs:

9/9/11

5x20 sec L-Sit bent leg

10 sec advanced tuck planche

20 pushups elbows in

20 pushups elbows out

20 pike candlestick presses

20 side plank lifts each side

50x 6"/ hollowback flutter kicks

Ab ABC's 1x upper 1x lower

9/10/11

20 pike candlestick press

20 plank leg lifts each leg

20 plank arm lifts each arm

20 lemon squeezers

20 pushups elbows in

20 side plank lifts each side

20 puhsups diamond

20 pushups elbows out

2x3 tucked front lever pulls

3x advanced tuck to straddle planche pushup negatives

3x10 sec L-Sit hold Straight Leg on Dumbbells

5x Candlestick pull

20x Ab wheel- 3 sec hold out

3x One hand handstand balance- 5 fingers

3x30 sec pancake split

1x90 sec pancake split

3x30 sec yoga stretch

2x30 sec straddle split

2x30 sec seal stretch

1x30 sec cat stretch

3x30 sec pike stretch

3x20 sec back bridge

MightyMouse13

Took it easy yesterday. Was disappointed I didn't get to do more until I realized how much I'm going to be doing the next couple days now that I have my gymnastics gym membership back and how sore I'll be haha.

20x Wall Runs

10 sec L-sit hold on dumbbells

3x10 sec adv tuck planche hold

3x15 sec freestanding handstand holds (straddle) on ground

2x15 sec freestanding handstand holds (straddle) on dumbbells

MightyMouse13

9/13/11

Today was a good day at the gym. I got a lot done, but think I may have been a little too scatterbrained in my training focus. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, because although the workout felt great and went great, I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for the buck out of my workout regimen.

Things to keep in mind: the setup is not perfect. I have access to the gym Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, so my choice of what days to do ring and parallete training is a little bit out of sync.

Anyways, on to the workout:

Worked on Front Tuck

Adv Tuck PL to L-Sit to Adv Tuck PL to L-Sit on paralletes 3x10 sec hold each position

Ring Stability- 3x10 sec

Adv Tuck FL to L-Hang to Adv Tuck FL 2x10 sec each position

L-Hang to Adv Tuck FL to L-Hang 1x10 sec each position

Wall Handstand 2x40 sec

PL Negatives (Tuck to Straddle) 3x

V-Ups 20x

V-Up/ Lemon Squeezer 20x

Lemon Squeezers 20x

Back Bend Wall Walks 3x

Shoulder Wall Slides 10x

Pancake/ Straddle/ Front Split 2x30 sec each

Pike Stretch 3x30 sec

MightyMouse13

9/14/2011

Made some big steps forward today. Finished my training with a small sense of accomplishment and finally some hope moving forward.

3x15 sec- L-Sit bent leg

2x3- Bent Leg L-Sit Lifts

3x- PL Negatives (tuck to straddle)

Flare Training

Head to Coindrop to Head (aka Bulldogs) training

Windmill Training

Handstand to Chair Transitions

Accomplished one good flare today. Finally correcting my dreaded closing straddle problems. I look forward to getting 2-3 good flares so I can start training them in higher volume and more efficiently.

One thing I am noticing though is that my strength in bent arm straddle is getting very very solid, but the concentric phase of the pushup still is either a struggle to get one rep, or can't raise at all. Any suggestions for how to improve this?

MightyMouse13

9/15/2011

Today was pretty much a bust. I didn't do much conditioning, but I did practice several moves. I went back to my bad habits on flares again, but everything else went ok I guess.

Flare practice

Bulldog practice

Headspin practice

Stacks- Stacks is a game that would be the closest thing to a bboy equivelant of a gymnast doing a series on the ring- stacking from one freeze to another. The first player does one freeze. The second does the same freeze and stacks on another. The third does both of the previous freezes then adds another on and so on and so forth until someone is not able to transition into another freeze, and at that point they lose. Me and my roommate ended in a tie when nobody could stack anything onto the airchair... dang airchairs

9/16/2011

Today however has started off much better. So far this morning I've done:

5x3 adv tuck PL pushups

1x5 adv tuck PL pushups

6x30 lemon squeezers

6x10 back extensions

3x30 sec wall handstand

3x5 Back Bridge Wall Walks

3x30 sec Weighted Pike Stretch

3x30 sec hamstring stretching

I'll be going on the road tonight so I've got to get all the work in now that I can. Anyways, back to my workout.

MightyMouse13

After a relatively unproductive weekend (sans the 5 mile run on Saturday that felt amazing), I've solidified my workout schedule for the rest of September and October. I need to buy a new pair of running shoes so I can consistently work running back into my life. Watching my brother race Saturday morning made me miss it oh so bad.

Today was extremely productive. Finally fixed my front tuck so that I'm getting some solid height on it. Also was getting the front step out off the tramp, but by the time I practiced it on the floor was too tired to really get any good ones. Overall, I left the gym feeling very good about the direction I'm headed in.

9/19/2011

5x30 V-ups

5x20 Oblique Bridges

5x50 Flutter Kicks

5x5 Pistol Squat

5x5 Tuck PLPU

5x5 Bent Leg L-Sit Lift

5x3 L-Sit to Adv Tuck PL- 5 sec holds

5x15 sec Ring Stability

Front Tuck training

Stretching (BBWW 3x5, Pancake, Straddle, Pike, Weighted Pike, Front Split)

Also worked some assisted muscle ups with unassisted eccentric phase. Great day. Hoping to follow it up with another solid day tomorrow.

MightyMouse13

I ran out of time and wasn't able to get to my Candlestick Pulls today (secretly I'm jumping for joy inside because I was fried at that point anyway) or get to my Back Levers but overall had another very productive day. I want to continue to stick to the plan I laid out, because I'm already seeing some substantial improvements.

9/20/2011

5x5 Tuck PL PU

5x3 Tuck FL to L-Hang 5 sec hold each

5x5 Tuck FL Pulls

5x30 lemon squeezers

5x10 back extensions

5x5 Windshield Wipers (each side)

3x30 sec Weighted Pike

A substantial amount of front tuck work (going to begin only doing this on Mondays though as my body was tired from yesterday and I had bad form)

MightyMouse13

Getting a little sick with the weather change, so I decided to cut down on the workload until I'm back to full speed.

9/21/2011

3x30 Lemon Squeezer/ V-ups

3x20 Oblique Bridges

3x30 Supermans

30x PU Elbows Out

30x PU Elbows In

Light Bulldog Training

MightyMouse13

After a less than stellar week last week and a Monday to match, finally had a good day at the gym yesterday. My front tuck sucked ironically, but my workout was wonderful.

8x Rings- L-Hang to Tuck FL to Straddle BL to Tuck FL to L-Hang 5 sec holds

6x Rings- L-Hang to Inverted L-Hang to Straddle BL to Inverted L-Hang to L-Hang 5 sec holds

2x10 Ring Dips

3x10 Pike to Candlestick Press

2x5 Candlestick Pulls

3x10 Back Extensions (fast positive, slow negative)

2x30 V-ups

15x Handstand Press Straddle

Front Tuck Training

My handstand press, after "losing" it for awhile, is now better than it ever was. I almost can come back down to rep, but can't go back up from there. That will be my next goal. Also did a few ball planche to press up, but had to bend my arms to come up to handstand. Still, my strength is greatly increased and I'm loving it looking forward to the future.