Pistol squat form check (video)?

Started by dcs24, September 8, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,917 Views

dcs24

I'm having trouble with my pistol squat. I'm able to go all the way down on my right leg, but not my left. So, I'm working that side a little more in my training.

However, looking at the video I took, I see a few things I think are problems.

For both legs, I lean to the opposite side every time. I also have a tendency to really bend my knee. Is that a problem?

I've tried doing the rolling backward and using the motion from rolling forward to stand on one leg, but I still notice leaning as I rise from the bottom position.

4fXWDlUsW8o

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi, dcs34,

There's a nice variation that I've used to get to easy SLS. Just stand on a box tall enough for you to let your non-squatting leg be semi relaxed or halfway up. Not having to hold your non-squatting leg up makes it easier to focus on getting the full ROM.