Biceps soreness and GH form question

Started by Lucas Serur, September 6, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,229 Views

Lucas Serur

Hello all

Since this is my first post in this board after reading it for several months, I might as well introduce myself

I'm a 20 y/o guy from Brazil and have been in contact with strength training for about 2~3 years. Even though my first post is basically a few questions, my intention is too to contribute as I gain more experience, and, hopefully, strength. :lol:

Now, to the topic itself:

About three days ago I tried assisted palms down german hangs on the rings that hang from my doorway pullup bar. I did about 3x20s and probably should have done less. The day afterwards my biceps (inner elbow) was a little sore, but nothing overwhelming, I practically wouldn't feel it unless I fully stretched my arms. Today I've watched slizz's videos on elbow prehab and I think I'll be on the right direction from now, also, I almost feel no soreness, only something like cramps when I flex my arm, and not every time.

This got me wondering if in the palms down GH on the rings: the palms should actually be facing down or should they be in a pistol grip?

My thought is that the forearms should be fully supinated and I wasn't prepared enough. When I had a pistol grip on the rings and tried to supinate my forearms further, I would feel something like a electric shock running through my elbow, so I haven't forced it.

One last thing: when I feel I've went too far when my body wasn't ready, is there a general guideline for how long to wait for things to heal?

Thanks

Rafael David

Você deve estar fazendo mais do que pode. Primeiro teste o seu tempo máximo, em seguida divida por 2 e então divida o tempo por 60s para saber o n° de séries. Por exemplo, seu máximo no german hang é 20s, isso resultaria em 6 séries de 10s, o que pra muitos é tempo demais, então umas 4 séries já esta bom. Cerca de 4-8 semanas depois, teste novamente seu máximo e isso se aplica a todos os FSP. :)

Rafael David

Ah, e é preferivel as palmas voltadas para trás! Assim desenvolve mais força!

Lucas Serur

Obrigado pela resposta, Mikael. Às vezes eu simplesmente esqueço o que sei e acabo fazendo bobagem :lol:

Now about my elbow, I'm not feeling pain, it just feels "weird" when I fully extend them for the first or second time. Guess I will take a week or two of rest and then be wiser with my training. But, until then, should I be doing some light curls to get some blood flowing or simply rest them?

From a few threads I've read I guess that heat, fish oil and vitamin C would be good additions to recovery.

Rafael David

Umas 15 reps de rosca reversa antes do treino pode ajudar. Adicione uma série no final do reino também, não machuca. :lol:

Não precisa descansar totalmente se a dor é leve, é normal no inicio. Apenas diminua o volume do seu treino, isso é regra fundamental. A cada 3 treinos (2-5 também pode ser) reduza em 40-60% o volume do treino. Quero dizer, se você faz 3 séries de algo, reduza para uma série, se faz 5 reduza para 2 por exemplo. Mas mantenha a intensidade, digo, o n° de reps/peso/dificuldade(no caso de exercícios de ginástica). Acho que é bastante... 8)