Shoulder dislocates - arms width

Started by Alex Solis, September 4, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,160 Views

Alex Solis

Coach,

When I do shoulder dislocates, my right shoulder clicks when going on both directions (forwards and backwards). I've tried to put my hands as wide as I can, but the clicking/noise/crunching continues but ONLY ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER!! WTH!!

Should I keep doing the dislocates? Or should I sub with wall extensions instead?

Thanks!

Niklas Slotte

Do you have a pre-existing injury in the right shoulder? Also, sometimes when one of my shoulders make an unexpected sound (grind,click or pop) it's usually due to bad shoulder positioning. Do the movement in front of a mirror and make sure the shoulders are moving symmetrically. Try this and see if it helps.

Alex Solis

No, I haven't had any injuries whatsoever regarding my shoulders :(

Hmm it's been clicking less, but it still clicks; I wonder if the clicking will go away in time. Still, I'll keep doing the dislocates, I'll let you know what helped me, so you can apply that to your training! :D