Hey guys

Started by Timy7, September 1, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,559 Views

Timy7

!

Virgil

Tim,

I also had a tear in my labrum, came down wrong on a muscle up. My tear was substantial, and by the time I actually had the surgery it was pretty severe, though I never had any weakness or problems with ROM. I had an acupuncturist/herbalist tell me I should have come to her before doing surgery, but I can't speak to whether it's really effective or not.

I think it's smart to put off surgery if it's not necessary, but don't let the horror stories dissuade you - it's human nature to share bad news, but many shoulder surgeries (mine included) come out just right.

Timy7

Virgil appreciate the response. Not that I am afraid of surgery, its just I dont want to go under the knife if I dont have to kinda thing.

I also dont want to be out for a few months as I train almost everyday either strength, conditioning or rings. I would lose my mind if I had to stop all that, if it can be fixed another way.