high manna

Started by Ian Legrow, September 1, 2011 · 3 Replies · 6,055 Views

Ian Legrow

This is one of the things i am going to work towards. It will take years but i will work myself ot it. But i am slightly confused and i learn better by visually seeing, can anybody find a video of thise being done...i couldnt

Marlon

The only place I've ever seen one done is in the dvd's coach Sommer made to accompany his book. The closest thing I've seen online is this:

CmUwKynepyQ

I don't think it's technically a high manna because his legs are still compressed to his body rather than being opened up, but his hips are still much higher than a regular manna.

Mikael Kristiansen

Arevik seyranyan, an armenian handbalancer does it at the end of her act. She also twists manna through to handstand several times in a row there.(the canes allow her arms to turn)

She is crazy strong and flexible. There are videos of her being trained at 2 years old. I dont know much about the high manna, bit i presume you should have a solid normal manna and then straighten out. A HIGH degree of shoulder flex is of course necessary.

Marlon

I thought about her when I saw this thread, but after looking at another video of her I decided I wasn't sure if she was really doing a high manna or not

1ZYCwuoWr-0

it looks to me like she partially inlocates, or dislocates (I can never remember which one is which) before she actually hits the high manna position. What's she's doing is absolutely insane regardless, but I think she has a really solid manna and then before she extends her legs she shifts to what they apparently call an invert in break dancing. like this guy is doing against a wall around 3:16

QaIXLA_OInc