Getting Started Correctly/FSP Warmup Videos

Started by dcs24, September 1, 2011 · 3 Replies · 1,846 Views

dcs24

Is anyone willing to critique my form and provide some feedback? I was pitiful with the hollow hold :oops:

Plank (Wasn't sure if the chair was too high off the ground...do I need something shorter?)

RUSZtJLailo

Reverse Plank

pBb6nPvNzKc

Hollow Hold (Kind of looks like my shoulders aren't off the floor...they are...probably not high enough, though).

z_NwK2eM8j4

Arch Hold

3S0eDFcBcDI

PB Support

ithBGiK2AEI

Couldn't do a dead hang, crappy pull up bar in new apartment, will post when it's fixed.

Blairbob

PB supports look good.

During the hollow hold was your lower back flat against the floor? What I mean is to make sure there is no gap between your lower back and the floor. You may find that by keeping yours arms with the fingers pointing up or your hands down by your thighs, you can keep a better "hollow" position.

Cole Dano

I always have a respect for anyone posting videos for critique.

Plank: more active pressing up through the arms, notice how you scapula slightly show as ridges poking out of your T--shirt, hide your scapula by activating your serratus anterior.

Rev Plank: activate your posterior chain. Hold feet together and evenly press down into the chair from inner and outer sides of the leg, at the same time your your glutes to extend the tailbone towards the chair and lift your hips.

All in all a nice effort.

Blairbob

yeah, I forgot to mention that you need to activate those shoulders and push them up and make them round. your shoulder blades shouldn't stick out like wings.