slightly confused on these. I have heard you step off an elevated surface and when you hit the ground, absorb the impact. I haev also heard that as soon as you tough the ground from stepping off, leap as high as you can. I have also hear dboth of those are wrong....so what is a depth jump exactly?
depth jumps
Started by Ian Legrow, August 31, 2011 · 4 Replies · 4,440 Views
For our purposes it's jump off and stick the landing.
Mr Brady said:For our purposes it's jump off and stick the landing.
Does this mean locked legs, or "loose" to absorb the impact? I've heard both in this forum, I believe.
You have to absorb the landing, knees bend.
IJL said:slightly confused on these. I have heard you step off an elevated surface and when you hit the ground, absorb the impact. I haev also heard that as soon as you tough the ground from stepping off, leap as high as you can. I have also hear dboth of those are wrong....so what is a depth jump exactly?
I hate these with a passion, never forget when I had to do these as an exhaustion experiment at college!
Basically you have a box X high. You double foot jump off, absorb the landing (knees not going over feet) then quickly reverse the downward energy to 'spring' back up vertical.
You dont want to go near them unless you have done plyometric strenthening program before.