This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110830

Started by Coach Sommer, August 30, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,263 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the

kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

5) Use the position of your choice during the negative Front and Back Pulls that allows you to control the descent while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of these elements may both be performed in different positions.

6) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

7) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Pkhamidar2com

I need help people

I cant do a muscle up yet... should i just do pullups then?

Whast an lsit press shoulder stand? That makes no sense...

How do you iforwarld roll into a muscle up. Do you forwalrd roll, jump up to a pullup bar and then do a muscle up?

No idea what a back pull is, ill have to youtube that.

During the german hangs should my lats be tensed?

i really need help on these, so please please please reply!

Wheelson

-fsp warmup

-Four rounds as rx'd I did this workout on a tree (first time doing thatAND first rings workout in college!) all my shoulderstands and rolling muscle ups were quite solid! happy with this workout

-5 rounds

mu--> xr support

adv tuck fl

german hang

2x10 wall extensions

scapular mobilization

Done!

Cole Dano
Pkhamidar2com said:
I need help people

I cant do a muscle up yet... should i just do pullups then?

Whast an lsit press shoulder stand? That makes no sense...

How do you iforwarld roll into a muscle up. Do you forwalrd roll, jump up to a pullup bar and then do a muscle up?

No idea what a back pull is, ill have to youtube that.

During the german hangs should my lats be tensed?

i really need help on these, so please please please reply!

This essay will help, you should work on RS I first and of course the muscle up.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=351

aveday

youtube can be your friend in need; just put in a few key words and you generally find what you need.

Thanks to Gregors for posting this 9 months ago; it looks to be this exact ring series if you are having difficulty visualizing it. I too will be working a simpler version like Mr. Brady suggested.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-4 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU/4min Rest

Repeat x3

-1 more set of Dips/Pulls, same rests

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

NOTES:

-Full 15s german hangs felt a little uncomfortable, but no pain.

-Everything felt really good today. Best I've felt working out in a good while.

end.

Still Ringer

I can't do a forward roll into a MU. Any advice?

Rafael David
Still Ringer said:
I can't do a forward roll into a MU. Any advice?

Training! :lol:

I was with trouble in this one too, I was loosing my false grip! :oops:

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL (straddle)

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang (half lay BL)

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Falcon

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL flat tuck

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

I will write some notes later, in the meantime, please, can anybody enlighten me with the proper form of strap ring HS? That means ring position, shoulders, everything. thanks :)

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Did the ring rountine ... some of it... holy crap after 3 months of not GB :shock: ... it was suprisingly challenging

Enjoy!

oPydzqeBr2c

Amanda

Here's what I managed.

Warmup up of:

60 secs aggregate tuck planche (parallettes)

60 secs aggregate L-sit

1 wide-grip kipping muscle up (working progressions to lose the kip)

WOD

~~~~

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to L-sit press shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 1 slow Negative Front Pull (tuck), 1 slow Negative Back Pull (tuck)

I completed 3 rounds of:

15 secs FL

15 secs XR Strap HS*

15 secs German Hang

I'm not sure about the quality of the forward roll to muscle up as I seemed to keep my shoulders level with the rings, ie MU transition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl9IT8l-pmg

Finished with 2x10 wall extensions.

Jaylene Deane

Good job girlfriend! You're where I wanna be in a few months. Keep smashing those rings!

Amanda

Thanks, Jaylene! I squeezed the WODs around my other training for a few months, but now I have time to follow them quite closely, I've seen pretty steady gains, which is quite exciting. All the best for your training, too :)

blackmonster

( Belated post for yesterday, didnt have time to login )

Perform the following:

3 sets of; Assisted MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press to SS, roll fwd hang and hop back up to XR Support to SS, Strap assisted negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang , 2 slow Negative Tucked Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Tucked Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL tucked

5x15 Seconds BL flat tucked

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finished up the workout with 2x 10 Wall Extensions.