Ring pulley system questions-which one is the best type?

Started by G00SE, August 30, 2008 · 3 Replies · 4,606 Views

G00SE

Hey guys I was wondering about the different types of ring pulley systems for assistance in ring training.

I've seen some on gibson gymnastics and some on youtube where the pulley system is supposed to reduce resistance by 50 %- however is that the only choice? To just reduce by 50 %-and basically either use all your weight or only half. I figure you can wear a weight vest but then only half of that weight would be resistance. Is there any way to work the pulley system to where you can incrementally increase like 50%, 60%, 70% of your bodyweight an so on? I've also read on this forum and others (steven low has one article on how to build the cross and how to make a dream machine pulley on performance menu)where you some will use pulleys that are counterbalanced by weights-but is that a one to one ratio; i.e. you use 50 lbs as a counterbalance and then get have the resistance reduced by 50lbs?

I'm looking to make a ring pulley system for help with my conditioning and your answers will help me decide what type to make

Gregor
G00SE said:
counterbalanced by weights-but is that a one to one ratio;

That pully is good

Gregor

You must variate with diffrent kind of exercises, only with pully->no go!

G00SE

Gregor- I take it you are saying the pulleys counter balanced with wights are good-thanx so much. Oh, and I completely agree that using only the pulley with rings isn't a good way to train-I use the xtreme rings for conditioning exercises-and I started working out on a full ring tower at a gymnastics class a couple of weeks ago- I just wanted to know about the ring pulley system in order to eventually build up the tough strength moves.