This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110829

Started by Coach Sommer, August 29, 2011 · 18 Replies · 2,782 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR Strap HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PMP Plus

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) During the XR Strap HSPU be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

4) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

5) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Falcon

Is HS RLL also press variation?

Cole Dano

Not as a sub for the HSPU. A box variation or negatives would be.

Pkhamidar2com

When coach summers says to do 5xr dips or 7 maltese pushups, is that like supposed to be with added weight so its close to failure like 3 reps away from failure, or is it supposed to be easy, so easy that i can do say another 10 reps.

For example, if Coach summers said to do pushups. I can probably do about 50 pushups in one go or so. So he says to do 5. Would i do them bodyweight, or would i do them with added weight?

Same thing im talking about there, should i add more weight or something.

For example the dips, i can probably do about 10 - 12 dips, but i have a problem of going deep, i cant seem to go very deep, i dont know why, and i dont know how. So should i aim to add more weight or go deeper?

anyways im gonna do this today, looking forward to it!

Rafael David

In the PMP plus, we should go down with arms bent then extend arms at the end and then up again with arms bent? :?

Pkhamidar2com

Hey, thanks for quick reply

he says

"Scale the movements as necessary"

i dont understand what that means.

Also you use the accroynum RX, what does that mean, its not in the WOD acronym list :/

Unfortunately i do not have any rings at this very moment, so im having to use two chairs. But im looking for ways to build a pair.

Falcon
Mr Brady said:
Not as a sub for the HSPU. A box variation or negatives would be.
I meant it as a sub for the CWW
Rafael David
Bdk1786 said:
@Mikael

I think it is straight arms support, bent down, and just back up, no straightening of arms to maltese. I didnt see any mention of straight arms at bottom of rep in the book.

Oh, is that! I saw on the dvd right now, you is correct! :oops: :roll:

Josh Schmitter

WOD: 4 Rounds/Rests as rx'd

Rounds 1-2

-2 CWW/3 Pike Push ups(54in from wall)

-2 CWW/2 Full Dips, 3 negatives(5s)

-2 CWW/7 Floor Push ups

Rounds 3-4(i.e. what should have been happening from the start)

-1 CWW/3 Pike Push ups(54in from wall)

-1 CWW/5 Negative L-sit Dips(5s, l-sit at top)

-1 CWW/7 Floor Push ups on knees

*Made a major scaling error today. Fixed it by round 3, but that's much to late in my book. Neglected to check my log for last time this came up. Plus I am a little under par due to performing the last HS WOD Sat, instead of Fri. Always check the log :)

end.

Falcon

Four rounds:

2 HS Wall RLL Straddle

3 Elevated HeSPU (13cm elevation)

2 HS Wall RLL Straddle

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 HS Wall RLL Straddle

7 XR PPP

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Man, this is not the first time this has happened to me.

First two rounds were..... "ok", in the third I had to get rid of the elevation, and even then I wasn't able to do all 3 HeSPUs

And I had to scale down to HeS RLL, which was even then hard. (?!)

The last round was a disaster, attempts, nothing more.

This is what happens when you combine stress explosion in the afternoon and workout in late evening, you can't concentrate on the workout and keep thinking about your s**t, plus the stress destroys all the performance, beautiful combination. Nevermore.

Cole Dano
Falcon said:
Mr Brady said:
Not as a sub for the HSPU. A box variation or negatives would be.
I meant it as a sub for the CWW

Sorry that makes more sense of course. Sure you could do that, and did.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I'm baaaack!! I'm starting easy plus I'll see some of you guys at the seminar this week!

I did Back Squats 70% x 4 sets x 9 reps

then 2 rounds of what coach said above but slightly modified since I'm coming back from military training this summer.

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 HeSPU facing Wall

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 Ring Dips with turnout @ top

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR Pushups with turnout @ top

My body forgot how it feels to be on the rings ... stabilizers worked hard even though just 2 rounds.

Mark Wyly

@Spartan Awesome great to have you back!

@Mikael I think i remember you posting a WOD with rings now, which means you have rings, and that's great news too!

Performed all four rounds

-4 cast wall walks

-3 XR handstands

-4 cast wall walks

-5 XR dips/l sit

-4 cast wall walks

-7 PMP Plus

I have never done PMP Plus that I remember, so I had a bit of a go at it. On every round the seventh PMP was a fight to lock when returning to support. I hope i didn't get the movement that wrong. Probably not a good week to pick to lend someone the book i have.

Thnx coach, had a lot of fun with this one.

I edited out the multiple cast wall walks in the video to not be repetitive

AklwaF18zHU

Rafael David
markmark said:

@Mikael I think i remember you posting a WOD with rings now, which means you have rings, and that's great news too!

I have the rings now :D , but not posted any WOD :oops: , but I will post some day... :lol:

Performed 2 rounds (de-load day :oops: )

-4 cast wall walks

-3 XR handstands

-4 cast wall walks

-5 XR dips/l sit

-4 cast wall walks

-7 PMP Plus

blackmonster

Completed four rounds of the following in this order:

2x Cast Wall Walks

3x HeS PU against a wall

2x Cast Wall Walks

5x XR Dip to L-sit

2x Cast Wall Walks

7x Wall assist Planche PU ( PPP are nothing compared to these! Wow! Having to press yourself against the wall adds a whole other dimension to PUs! )

Finished up with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Felt really strong tonight.

Thanks Coach!

Mark Wyly
Bdk1786 said:
@markmark

xr hspu looking better man. Only critique on them is bring rings close together at top of the rep. Try to cover ears with shoulders with that extension. Keep it up, doing great.

Thnx man. I really appreciate the critique and will focus in on that. !! Hope to make it happen soon :)

Matthew Mossop

Are there any easier variations of the PMP Plus? Also, is markmark's form correct in his video for these?

Mark Wyly

Prbly not man Haha! Was hoping to see some other vids for this one actually.

Matthew Mossop

Well it's a tough move, and I'm sure it's better than you think :).

EDIT: Ah I see these in BtGB... didn't think they were in there.

Btw how much can you shoulder press (with dumbells and/or barbells) being able to do XR HSPU's? I'd imagine your body weight plus a substantial amount due to the instability factor.