Injured wrist

Started by Derek, August 29, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,640 Views

Derek

Hey everyone,

I have injured my right wrist several times during parkour, kung fu, etc. and now I am trying to do some pre-hab exercises that the coach has recommended. The issue is that I am getting some soreness from the wrist push-ups, it feels like I roll the tendons in my right wrist every time I push up. Because of this I do them on my knees but the "pop" still happens. Does anyone know of anything that works to repair injured wrist tendons?

Cole Dano

There really is just no way of knowing. However the prehab/rehab exercises will almost always be good. If you still pop while on your knees, try taking even more load off, and doing both 1) more reps 2) slow, explorative reps trying to feel what causes the pop, when it happens, if you can in any way prevent it.

I have blown my left elbow many times skateboarding and i know it will just never be the same as the right, however all the prehab work and strength work have helped tremendously. I also had an injury to my left shoulder that i thought would never go away, and it took about 10 years, but its completely normal now.

I'm sure many others have similar tales.

Derek

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Nic Branson

Patience really, the wrist do not have the best blood flow either so healing is slower. I tore the tendons on the back of my hand and wrist mountain biking. For me liniment has been helpful, hands and wrists let it soak in a few minutes before washing your hands. Prehab with volume. When in doubt go easier and do a bit more, twice a day. If the popping hurts then try to avoid it as you can. Manual massage also.

Check your thumb position when doing them. Moving it might help.

Sailor Venus

waiting is all you can do. in my experience, wrist recovery is slower than muscles. So no handstands until wrists are fully healed. Ha ha, i used to do kung fu myself seven years ago.