A couple of different videos

Started by blackmonster, August 28, 2011 · 3 Replies · 1,656 Views

blackmonster

Ok, these are my first videos I've uploaded. Critique away!

4aldFH69JIE

HeS Straddle Press (had a bunch of mosquitoes buzzing around me in case you are wondering what im swatting at near the end)

vk33ivvZDf8

HeS Pike press

8XODJZp7fKg

My wrist pushups now that I dont have to do them on my knees :) (although I noticed I am piking my hips... I'll work on that.

gOF0d_SXw-c

Front tuck taken about a month ago. Wasn't as high as I'd like, but it was still fun! I'll see if I can get a better one on video.

Matthew Mossop

How long did it take you to get the wrist pushups (they look good by the way)?

I felt like my wrist was gonna snap in half the first time I tried them, so I've been doing them on my knees since and seems to be improving.

Also, I'm no expert, but your knees look slightly bent in the HeS Pike Press. And should your hands be closer to your head, or is that the correct hand position for a HeS?

blackmonster

Thanks for the feedback matt, You are right about my legs in the pike. I will pay more attention to them. As far as my hand placement in a HeS I dont know, that's just where I have always placed them. I'll experiment and see how hand placement affects my balance and work effort next time.

mattk said:
How long did it take you to get the wrist pushups (they look good by the way)?

I felt like my wrist was gonna snap in half the first time I tried them, so I've been doing them on my knees since and seems to be improving.

Haha, mine felt the exact same way! I have just been spending as much time as I can in handstands throughout the day during breaks at work. I have also been doing a lot of wrist stretching and strengthening exercises like what the boys are doing in this youtube video when I warm up before working out. They have helped tremendously.: c2w1PeSR8G4

Also, try doing them on something padded like a mat. That's everything I have been doing and its really paid off.

Matthew Mossop

I'm probably wrong about the hand position for HeS. I just assumed they should be in line with your head like during an HS, but I'm looking at p. 78 of BtGB and it looks about the same as your hand positioning.

Thanks for the wrist stuff :). I've only been doing this for maybe two weeks now and even from just the knee wrist pushups I can feel a difference.